Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And which would come to us

Of those and given the draw the premiership has in terms of finances then Emery, De Boer, Bielsa, would all be tempted

Tuchel - a year too late, but he won't stay at BVD forever and who knows in a year or two time

AVB - only thing preventing him is his dislike of the english media which is on record from last time - otherwise hed easily take the job

Hiddink, unlikely as he doesnt seem to want a long term post, Mourinho - the dream really, but if he doesnt get the united gig then honestly who knows - could appeal to his ego to take on a team and smash bigger teams - never know unless you try do you

Don't know what's more mad, the people mentioning Mourinho as a realistic target even though we are going to finish bottom half for the second season in succession, or the people saying they wouldn't take him. Yes he said he would manage us as an aside in an interview years ago, but he has the pick of clubs this summer. People are getting carried away with our new owner, I can't see him giving the manager £100m to spend in the summer and even if he did, that's not going to be enough to attract one of the top three managers in the world.

What I do know is that we are going nowhere fast with Martinez. I know Martinez won a cup but so has alex McLeish, there's an argument Steve Bruce done a better job than him at Witan ffs. We need someone who we can feel confident with when we are 2-0 up, someone who we aren't going to know we will bottle a derby with, someone who won't make ridiculous subs, because the mentality of our club is piss weak right now.

Ive not read all the pages in this thread but I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on Pellegrini as he will be a free agent this summer.

Hard to win antyhing when you are given a few months.

In case of john stones there's an excuse for his shocking performances that he is 21, still learning blablabla you could say this about AVB at Chelsea - young and learning how to cope with the premier league and work with bunch of overpaid primadonas.

Now he is far more experienced.

But still i don't know how can you call hes spell at spurs a fail when he was their best manager in terms of points and wins in the premier league history.

Add to that he won titles in Russia and Portugal. And add to that he is avialable

If Martinez was sacked now and replaced by AVB, would his tenure be considered a success of failure? Didn't win a single thing, took us one step forward and two back. But achieved our highest points tally. It would still be a failure.

Harry Redknapp got them champions league football, i'm sure all Spurs fans would consider his spell a bigger success than AVB's which resulted in nothing apart from a team full of average dross after they spunked the Bale money.

Ive not read all the pages in this thread but I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on Pellegrini as he will be a free agent this summer.
im interested as well, because by most standards here he'd be classed as under-preforming. all that money spent and they're- 10 points off the title

If Martinez was sacked now and replaced by AVB, would his tenure be considered a success of failure? Didn't win a single thing, took us one step forward and two back. But achieved our highest points tally. It would still be a failure.

Harry Redknapp got them champions league football, i'm sure all Spurs fans would consider his spell a bigger success than AVB's which resulted in nothing apart from a team full of average dross after they spunked the Bale money.

And apart from european football and record point tally.

Ffs the guy has never finished lower then 5th and most often is 1st and some people think he is a fail and not good enough. Imagine that - Everton - European football EVERY season. Naah, lets look for someone better. Karanka is doing well in the championship

People who don't want AVB think he is not proven enough to be a significant upgrade on Roberto. I would agree. We need to be aiming for managers with high potential. Managers who have managed teams similar to Everton in their respective leagues. Teams pushing for top 4.

hes not getting sacked any time soon. If we are mid-lower table about half way through next season then its a possibility, but he's still miles away from being sacked imo.
Agree he won't be sacked in-season and with a cup quarter final coming up
However I'd say our new overlord will have enough evidence already as to what a great club we are, what great fans the club has and how badly managed our most expensive playing staff ever have been
If your manager consistently doesn't know how to close up shop when you're winning then you sack him, simple as
We've collapsed from winning positions so many times it's unbelievable.
New manager, clean out the stables , start at the back!

Avb is 38 years old and has been in the game for 6 years. In that time he has:

-won a title and the cup with porto
-won Europa League with porto
-won a title at Zenit
-finished 5th with Spurs
-sacked from Chelsea being 5th

If that is not at least decent and worth a try then i dont know what is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back