Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
think logically about it.

The man moshiri is rumoured to be willing to invest 100m into playing staff, added on to whatever transfer budget we receive from tv deal.

He is NOT going to give that funds to anyone he deems medicore, and certianly will be aiming for a higher profile of manager.

He isn't just going to allow any idiot to spend what he is putting into the club is he.

I expect us to go out there and find the best man for us, i expect we will be aiming for the best managers available, and have a list of potential people already.

The moyes, o'neil, howe links are silly and it's just a indictment of how the outside world view us, but those times i reckon are changing.

Having some knowledge of the existing potential candidates and the process we are engaging in to talk to others, categorically Martin O'Neil will not be the next manager of Everton.

Is this the time to visit Betfair and place a massive lay on O'Neill?

Having some knowledge of the existing potential candidates and the process we are engaging in to talk to others, categorically Martin O'Neil will not be the next manager of Everton.
You have to spoil everything!
"We're on the march with Martin's army"

Just realised that aside from letting managers apply like we have in the past (and I'm assuming we're still encouraging that now?), I have no idea how us courting our preffered targets would work.

Is it a case of approaching each of our 4 main hopes and saying 'we think you'd be a perfect fit for us, this is our plan, you'd get money to spend, a top wage, and a good squad, think about it'? Presumably that could get awkward if more than one of them then want the job.

I'm really not convinced by Pellegrini. Clearly he is a big upgrade on Martinez, but It just doesn't fit in my head. I think our next manager will be out of left field. I'd love someone in the mound of Pochetino - drills his teams, focuses on fitness as a top priority, makes his teams compete, improves the level of players. Obviously it won't be him, but that's the kind of manager I want to see here.

I'm really not convinced by Pellegrini. Clearly he is a big upgrade on Martinez, but It just doesn't fit in my head. I think our next manager will be out of left field. I'd love someone in the mound of Pochetino - drills his teams, focuses on fitness as a top priority, makes his teams compete, improves the level of players. Obviously it won't be him, but that's the kind of manager I want to see here.
Just described Ronald koeman....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back