Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have calmed down a lot over this whole saga.Being pragmatic about it...... whoever comes in will be a winner and I honestly think it will be a real statement of intent.

how about Jorge jesus?ive mentioned him before here.he has done well in Portugal with benfica and sporting.i know portugese league is poor but said I would throw out a name that nobody else is saying.

I think a lot of people have mentioned Jesus in this forum though usually in the match day topics!

I'm not sure who should be the next manager but I'm not keen on this 'bigger than them' attitude some have. We are a club that have won nothing for 20 years. Just because we have a few quid now does not mean the likes of Pellegrini and Mourinho are going to be banging our doors down.

I'm sure people on here would've turned their noses up at the likes of Ranieri and look what he has achieved! I'm not saying hire Howe, I'm just saying that all the big names proved themselves somewhere so a lesser name may not definitely be the disaster some think.

Or maybe I'm just used to having low expectations?!

how about Jorge jesus?ive mentioned him before here.he has done well in Portugal with benfica and sporting.i know portugese league is poor but said I would throw out a name that nobody else is saying.

How about Jesus?

1. Works miracles
2. Befriends prostitutes
3. Something to do with crosses
4. Not burdened with the stigma(ta) of failure
5. Has God as director of football

It's an Amen from me

Been speaking to some Spurs fans over AVB and how they felt about him. Liked him with Bale - hated him year after, said he plays pedestrian football and is very stubborn... Mentioned that if we are infuriated with Martinez then we will be the same with AVB

I hope you told them it wasn't his fault and it was Levy who made him play that way.

I think a lot of people have mentioned Jesus in this forum though usually in the match day topics!

I'm not sure who should be the next manager but I'm not keen on this 'bigger than them' attitude some have. We are a club that have won nothing for 20 years. Just because we have a few quid now does not mean the likes of Pellegrini and Mourinho are going to be banging our doors down.

I'm sure people on here would've turned their noses up at the likes of Ranieri and look what he has achieved! I'm not saying hire Howe, I'm just saying that all the big names proved themselves somewhere so a lesser name may not definitely be the disaster some think.

Or maybe I'm just used to having low expectations?!
Ya im the same really.still smile when i see people saying mouriho.maybe we have low expectations but like you said we havn't won anything in 20 odd years,havn't got a new stadium and it isn't like moshiri has said there will be squillions to spend on new players but then again maybe we should be dreaming big.

How about Jesus?

1. Works miracles
2. Befriends prostitutes
3. Something to do with crosses
4. Not burdened with the stigma(ta) of failure
5. Has God as director of football

It's an Amen from me
He'd get crucified by the BAWK lot

Someone who's worried over the betting odds e mail the bookies and ask what their liabilities are on the market.
If they don't answer that ask them what they would be be prepared to lose on a certain candidate . Be interesting the response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back