Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Average age of the team that played on Sunday was 23.5 years old - the eldest 27 (Cillesen) and youngest was 18 (Cerny), with the majority aged c.23. That's the roughly the same age as Barkley. So yeah, those kids were pure chockers, man.

Ajax has to do a squad rebuild pretty much every year because their best players get sold elsewhere, so the constant rebuild to have a title-winning team 4 times in 6 years is no mean feat, even with the production line that Ajax has for replacement players.

every other team in the dutch league sells there top players year in, year out. PSV won the league last year, sold Georginio Wijnaldum and Depay and still won it! Frank De Boar is not good enough to manage this team

Just seen on twitter some blue slagging off De boer because he lost the title on the last day in a weak league and if he can't do nothing in that league he's no good for us , what a Joker you have to start your managerial career somewhere and that's not a bad place to start and erm Koeman ain't done a bad job with a much smaller budget than what our new boss would be handed, UNREAL SOME PEOPLE'S VIEWS ON FOOTY

Be a nice lift mate, here's hoping.
I'm not necessarily thinking it'll happen, but at those prices you have to have a punt. When Martinez goes and BetFair Exchange open a market, likelyhood is I'll be able to lay a lot of it off at much shorter odds and it'll be win-win. That's the plan anyway :D

De Boer is also a world-cup runner up as an assistant manager, at the age of 39.

He is a massive name, has been and seen it at Ajax and Barcelona, is 100% a football man and fits in with the philosophy that Martinez has implemented. We'd be fools to want him because of a last-minute winner and yet another title, and fools to rule him out just because of one draw which cost them the title.

I'd love to see Stones play under De Boer, Baines, Barkley, Deulofeu, and see how he gives youngsters like Dowell proper chances as he has done at Ajax consistently.

It wasnt the one draw though was it, it was the 7 draws and 2 losses that cost them the league mate

I'm not necessarily thinking it'll happen, but at those prices you have to have a punt. When Martinez goes and BetFair Exchange open a market, likelyhood is I'll be able to lay a lot of it off at much shorter odds and it'll be win-win. That's the plan anyway :D
You lay it off you jinx it mate you have to let it ride all the way home lol.

Average age of the team that played on Sunday was 23.5 years old - the eldest 27 (Cillesen) and youngest was 18 (Cerny), with the majority aged c.23. That's the roughly the same age as Barkley. So yeah, those kids were pure chockers, man.

Ajax has to do a squad rebuild pretty much every year because their best players get sold elsewhere, so the constant rebuild to have a title-winning team 4 times in 6 years is no mean feat, even with the production line that Ajax has for replacement players.
They don't even have as much of a production line as they used to, teams like United and City have started buying straight from their academy instead of waiting for them to get into the first team. Fosu-Mensah for example was at the Ajax academy but just broke into the United first team.

De Boer is a former teammate of Pep Guardiola and a disciple of Johan Cruyff! Cruyff believed in De Boer and I think we should too! If Mourinho is not happening, with the Moshiri arrival, with the fact a lot of top clubs want De Boer, we really should go and get him. Tottenham are no mugs, and De Boer has probably been sounded out by Barcelona about the possibility of a future role there.

He is being linked with all the top jobs, and wants to test himself in England.

De Boer alongside his bro, joined Barcelona for £22m as far back as 1999. He is big-time. He has turned down Liverpool's advances in the past too, and if he'd 'love' to manage us I don't know what more we could possibly want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back