Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All taken off what someone said on twitter who subsequently deleted his account then it was denied Moyes ever said it.

Oh right, fair enough.

He did however say he wouldn't stop any player leaving the club to develop their careers.

Not because he was trying to be a model pro, but because he was trying to hardball Everton into selling Fellaini and Baines for what we ultimately sold just Fellaini for.

I had no Ill will towards him until then but now he can Do 1.

Anyone raised the possibility of Moyes actually being considered as Director of Football?

Not that I'd want that, but it might be a bone to placate Kenwright.

You think a good director of football would sanction the £13.5m purchase of Oumar Niasse? You think Lukaku and Stones are loyal? You get some good gear over in Cuba yeah?

Neither Lukaku nor Stones came through our academy, why would you expect them to be loyal? Why would you think that I would expect them to be loyal? If you buy talented youth players from other clubs you're very rarely going to get loyalty, all we've shown them is money and given them a chance, that doesn't equal loyalty. It's a mutual agreement, we use them and they use us and if we're lucky we make a decent profit.

As for Niasse, he hasn't looked good but then he hasn't played much and tried too hard when he did. Even if he turns out to be truly awful you can't expect every manager to get every signing correct and you can't lay the blame squarely at his feet, our scouting team have to shoulder some of it. Martinez worked all the hours god sends, no one is perfect.

Neither Lukaku nor Stones came through our academy, why would you expect them to be loyal? Why would you think that I would expect them to be loyal? If you buy talented youth players from other clubs you're very rarely going to get loyalty, all we've shown them is money and given them a chance, that doesn't equal loyalty. It's a mutual agreement, we use them and they use us and if we're lucky we make a decent profit.

As for Niasse, he hasn't looked good but then he hasn't played much and tried too hard when he did. Even if he turns out to be truly awful you can't expect every manager to get every signing correct and you can't lay the blame squarely at his feet, our scouting team have to shoulder some of it. Martinez worked all the hours god sends, no one is perfect.
But he was advised to swerve him, * taps nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.