Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my eye's there's only one man for this job and its Pellegrini. De Boer is to risky. Sure he's found success with Ajax, but that a very very weak league. And i'm shocked people want Emery. People do know the Sevilla didn't win a single league away game last season right?. And they finished 8th?.

They finished 7th. With that awful away record. Meaning their home form must be amazing. And they keep winning the Europa league.

He's not coming anyway.

In my eye's there's only one man for this job and its Pellegrini. De Boer is to risky. Sure he's found success with Ajax, but that a very very weak league. And i'm shocked people want Emery. People do know the Sevilla didn't win a single league away game last season right?. And they finished 8th?.
7th.

With a huge negative net spend. And winning Europa and getting to the cup final, taking Barca to extra time.

And winning Europa the previous two years.

Pellegrini finished 4th and won the league cup with City.

I'd be fine with Pellegrini, but Emery is a risk mainly because of the 'not Prem proven' bit. He's proven himself massively in Spain.

Been a member for a while now but haven't posted as not sure I have anything of use to contribute! Like most of us I've been extremely reliant on the sage words of the Esk to keep me from phoning the Samaritans! I have no idea if I have to do something fancy to hyperlink his name like other members do, but I have a question for him; if he feels he can answer like!

As you've been very confident throughout that we will appoint a genuinely top drawer candidate, are you still of that opinion now, or have recent developments done anything to shake your faith? I know you wouldn't want to say too much, just looking for the typical reassurances required by any blue!! Ta.

Winning three EL titles in a row speaks volumes. That and he pretty much has to rebuild his team every season as the best players are sold off. Quality manager.

He's in the skip mate, because he was utter bilge

Let's leave it there eh..

Why? There were plenty of fans that had it out for Martinez before he was even appointed because they wanted Vitor Pereira instead (who's managed 3 teams in nothing leagues and won nothing either in Martinez's time) and now they've got their way and Martinez is gone they want it all swept under the rug. All they want to do is talk Martinez's flaws without acknowledging his good points. Did he have flaws, bloody right, but let's not rewrite history eh. What exactly would Vitor have done for us do you think? What was his philosophy? At least Martinez had a long term vision, any manager we pick from what's on offer now is same old same old apart from FDB and he wants to join us because of the foundations laid by Martinez, his philosophy which is now seen as OUR philosophy. I'm not saying bring back Martinez but at least open your eyes to his bad AND good points.

But come on mate, youre literally just looking at Emery's performance in half the games this season. And he still managed to win the Europa league for the third successive season! Look at his career as a whole mate; hes consistently done very, very well in the league, won trophies and all with a net spend of more than -£100m. Are you really going to ignore that because he finished 8th this season, had a poor away record and yet still won a trophy!

Why? There were plenty of fans that had it out for Martinez before he was even appointed because they wanted Vitor Pereira instead (who's managed 3 teams in nothing leagues and won nothing either in Martinez's time) and now they've got their way and Martinez is gone they want it all swept under the rug. All they want to do is talk Martinez's flaws without acknowledging his good points. Did he have flaws, bloody right, but let's not rewrite history eh. What exactly would Vitor have done for us do you think? What was his philosophy? At least Martinez had a long term vision, any manager we pick from what's on offer now same old same old apart from FDB and he wants to join us because of the foundations laid by Martinez, his philosophy which is now seen as OUR philosophy. I'm not saying bring back Martinez but at least open your eyes to his bad AND good points.
Good points:
Seemed nice

Bad points:
Crap at being a football manager

Can someone highlight in one paragraph why they want Pelegríni over de boer

Proven premiership manager, as well as a decent record with lower ranked teams pre-City, maybe not the best with a massive budget but can certainly pick a player. We can't really afford to make a risky appointment again now we have a bit of bunse to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.