Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do accept Martinez's good points. I made the point earlier that getting De Boer would allow us to continue on the project that Martinez put in place. However you also must accept that when it came to implementing that vision he was bloody awful.

Absolutely. If nothing else his stubbornness in constantly attacking in winning positions was enough to show his tactical naivety. That said, his negative points have been gone over in excruciating detail over the past 2 years, the same can't be said for his positive ones.

For all those crusading for an unproven foreign manager who has no experience in the prem, I give you Remi Garde. We do not want do go down that route, we really don't

There are too many 'pie in the sky' choices being conjured up on here.
Or Jurgen Klopp mate.

Or Pochettino

Or Mourinho (first time)

If you limit yourself to managers with PL experience it's a fairly narrow field eh?

I don't get why people say they don't fancy De Boer or Emery because they have no PL experience....

okay let's see some candidates who have that experience...

Louis van Gaal
Quique Flores
Steve McClaren
Remi Garde
Garry Monk
Chris Ramsey
Tim Sherwood
John Carver
Nigel Pearson
Paul Lambert
Harry Redknapp
Nigel Adkins
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Felix Magath
Pete Mel
Michael Laudrup
Malky Mackkay
AVB
Steve Clarke
Martin Jol
David Moyes
Martin O'Neill
Brian McDermott
Owen Coyle
Roberto Di Matteo
Avram Grant

Take your pick.

For all those crusading for an unproven foreign manager who has no experience in the prem, I give you Remi Garde. We do not want do go down that route, we really don't

There are too many 'pie in the sky' choices being conjured up on here.

As above, take your pick mate.

“Talks are ongoing all the time, and there is never really a point where you can say ‘on this day we’ll starting talking’,” Reed admitted last night.

“Conversations go on all the time about planning for the future. Ronald has mentioned recently that he’s sat down with us at board level and talked about the five-year plan.

“There’s no point going into contract negotiations about finance and money unless you’re all on the same wavelength about where the club is going.

“If Ronald is committing himself to the club for a longer period of time, it’s important we talk about our ambitions being aligned and that we are still trying to achieve the same things.

“We’re now at a point, as Ronald has said himself, where we’re actually getting down to the detail of the contract, which is where agents and lawyers get involved.

“Everything is going very positively at the moment.”

So many contradictions in this statement with what's been said before, and been said by Koeman.

There's certainly nothing definite in this statement at all, it's very conditional - they've not discussed contract terms as they've not yet reached agreement on where the club is going; "if Ronald is committing himself", "we're at the point of getting down to the detail".

There's no detail or suggestions of where they are going - if they had agreement he would be indicating what their ambitions are.

I would say this is a fairly weak holding statement, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.