Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From another forum...(pinch of salt etc)

I was told last night.
We interviewed Pellegrini, did not really impress
We interviewed Moyes, but he is 3rd or 4th in the queue
We expect to interview Emery, he may now be the most likely
We are waiting for a yes/no from Koeman before approaching Southampton but feeling is will be no - he is preferred candidate so trying very hard to convince him
We will interview De Boer if we cannot get Koeman & are not sure on Emery
We will appoint a Director of Football
Let's hope this is true because I would take that to be the situation.

I wonder why they're so in love with Koeman. Personally I think he's a very average appointment.

Tell us more.
It was actually a sales rep from a company called Tom Parker, he said that he'd heard it from a FOAF that Arsene is off at the end of next year and Koeman has already been approached to take over. sounds plausible but take it with a pinch of salt as it is a bit tenuous.

So from this thread I've seen the majority want;

• Someone with Premier League experience
  • Prepared to be tactically flexible
  • Bring through players from the youth setup, preferably from the local area
  • In it for the long term, track record of staying at clubs
  • Champions League experience
  • 'gets' the Everton way of doing things

And yet not Moyes. Right.

I read the quote this morning. No idea where it came from. But didn't sound that promising.

Yesterday, reports in the English media suggested Everton are going to hold discussions with Sevilla boss Unai Emery over vacant managerial job at Goodison Park. The chatter became so much that Emery ended up, at least for a day or so, the favourite at English bookmakers.

Unai Emery has been very successful at Sevilla, leading them to three consecutive Europa League titles, and is now one of the more highly rated managers in Europe.

The Spaniard was asked about Everton's interest during Sevilla's Europa League celebrations, to which he replied to Estadio Deportivo: "I'm very good at Sevilla."

The Spanish newspaper say Unai Emery is already preparing for his next season with Sevilla, along with sporting director Monchi. Should Everton genuinely be interested, they may have to also fend off interest from AC Milan.

Unai Emery has another year left in his contract at Sevilla, but is said to have a release clause in his contract, which interested clubs could obviously trigger. Estadio Deportivo say rumours will probably continue about Everton interest in Emery, but they certainly don't sound too worried about the situation.

think this is the quote you probably meant mate?

If so, it's an English bad rep site (sports witness) going off a translated spanish paper article which i will put below

Halagado. Así se ha mostrado Unai Emery durante la celebración de la quinta Europa League sevillista al ser cuestionado por el interés del Everton. "Estoy muy bien en el Sevilla", ha comentado el vasco, quien asegura estar pensando ya en el año que viene con los de Nervión.

Cabe recordar que en el día de hoy informaban desde Inglaterra de una reunión a la vista entre el Everton y Unai Emery, entrevista que se produciría en los próximos días. Junto al Everton, sería el Milan, con el desembarco de un grupo inversor chino, otro de los clubes que habría retomado su interés en Unai Emery, quien tiene un año más de contrato que, sin embargo, podría romper en base a una cláusula de liberación que aparece en su contrato.

Unas escuetas declaraciones con las que el vasco, a priori, pretende poner fin a las especulaciones y se alinea a lo expuesto anteriormente desde el club, desde donde se ha repetido que Monchi trabaja con Unai Emery en la planificación de la próxima temporada. Un interés, el del Everton, que sin lugar a dudas seguirá dando de qué hablar a lo largo de este verano.

google tranlsted (i know) to this

Flattered. So Unai Emery has shown during the celebration of the fifth European sevillista when questioned by the interest of Everton League. "I'm very good at Sevilla," said the Basque, who says he is already thinking about next year with Nervion.
It is recalled that in today reporting from England of a meeting between Everton and view Unai Emery, interview would take place in the coming days. Next to Everton, would be Milan, with the landing of a Chinese investment group, one of the clubs that have resumed their interest in Unai Emery, who has one year left on his contract, however, it could break based on a clause release listed in your contract.
A terse statements with the Basque, a priori, aims to end speculation and aligned to the above from the club, where Monchi has repeated that works with Unai Emery in planning next season. An interest, Everton, which no doubt will continue to talk over this summer.

I like the idea that we are interviewing a number of potential candidates. I hope we have a proper "committee" in charge of the process though. Not just Blue Bill....otherwise we'll end up being proper f*****d again.

From another forum...(pinch of salt etc)

I was told last night.
We interviewed Pellegrini, did not really impress
We interviewed Moyes, but he is 3rd or 4th in the queue
We expect to interview Emery, he may now be the most likely
We are waiting for a yes/no from Koeman before approaching Southampton but feeling is will be no - he is preferred candidate so trying very hard to convince him
We will interview De Boer if we cannot get Koeman & are not sure on Emery
We will appoint a Director of Football
Is it just me reading this fiction as Moyes being a distinct possibility when all the pieces fall into place?

I'm torn on Pellegrini. At times City played some stunning football under him but his defenses fell apart without Kompany which is unacceptable considering he spend nearly 100m on CB's alone. Some of his other signings were suspect too, Navas (the Spanish McGeady) a prime example and he kept playing him week in week out. That all said he has won major honours, does have premierleague experience and had a large Pep shaped shadow looming over him the last 3 months which must of affected him and the team. I don't think he's the best option, maybe not second best but he is serious upgrade the fraud we had in charge beforehand.

I read the quote this morning. No idea where it came from. But didn't sound that promising.

In short mate, given it was the local Sevilla paper that ran that story, i would hardly expect anything different to have been printed/said, IF he had said that though after speaking to us then yeah - forget about him, but right now he says anything different and then after interviewing him we go with someone else he will have just royally screwed himself at Sevilla really

I don't get why people say they don't fancy De Boer or Emery because they have no PL experience....

okay let's see some candidates who have that experience...

Louis van Gaal
Quique Flores
Steve McClaren
Remi Garde
Garry Monk
Chris Ramsey
Tim Sherwood
John Carver
Nigel Pearson
Paul Lambert
Harry Redknapp
Nigel Adkins