Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh here we go, the main troll and his little sidekick are back.

Just ignore the thread if you hate it that much and let us well balanced Evertonians have this discussion in peace.

I hope the mods will listen to my reporting of you both.

You gotta fight....for your right....

I'm sick of them mate, coming in here, having disgusting cheap pops, smugly gloating about nothing and just generally disturbing everything.

I've reported them again now.
I've had time to think about my actions, I've realised that I have been out of order. I will now expect the worst and hope for the best. Once again apologies.

I've moved onto yer mar.

She makes better bacon butties.

IMG_0370.webp

Nothing has changed? Nothing?

Oh aye, in the context of the thread title, things are changing, but heh, I've been saying that for some time now and this thread has surely moved on from the narrow remit if "Nothing Has changed" to a more general conversation ?

Within the more general context, the fact that we're top of the transfer spend table since Jan 2017 isn't that important though. Firstly, we spent money on Morgan in January, which is a time when very little business is done by the big clubs. Secondly, as I said before, it's early doors and the six clubs who finished above us are likely to spend big as well in the next month or so, so we'll likely slide down that table, and posting it now will come back to bite you.

What's more important is that we're doing our business early. Last summer was a bit of a shambles in that the club allowed the media to bandy about figures of 100 million being spent and also allowed the media ( and I include this place and other parts of the social media in that ) to give the impression that we were likely to sign better players than we actually ended up doing. That doesn't mean we weren't in for those players, but it does mean there was a lack of reality in the media, and almost certainly at the club as well, in who we were likely to sign.

This summer though it looks like the lessons have been learnt and we've identified our targets and ( relatively ) quietly, gone out and brought them in. That shows a degree of professionalism which was totally lacking this time twelve months ago, so things have certainly changed there.

The fact that we're getting deals done early also shows we havn't waited till the Summer to approach clubs, we'll likely have been putting feelers out since January, and will have had a fair idea of the sort of money we needed to spend to sign the likes of Keane, and we havn't penny-pinched in the traditional Everton way, we've just done what's necessary to get the players in. So we now have four first-teamers in for pre-season, which may have costs us a few million more than endless negotiations ending in August, but it gives the manager and the coaching staff a little time to work with those players and start to fashion a team out of them.

As an aside, fair play to @Sapie88 for starting this thread and managing to avoid it getting locked. It was plainly a piss take and is essentially a duplicate of the Moshiri thread, so not getting it closed is something he should be proud of, as is his faux indignation at people having a go at him. Sapie will never have the wumcraft of a davek, but he's doing pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back