Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, nothing has actually changed apart from the manager, his coaching staff and a few players have been bought on what could appear to look like the back of the sale of Stones.

The team looks ore organised than last season thankfully, so that is a plus.

No moaning like, just pointing out the obvious.

Oh and as pointed out, the cladding ;)

Thing is, for something to change on the pitch, we need to change who we are buying from rather than the player itself.

Come sep 1st we had bought from 2 championship clubs, a team finished 17th, swansea (16th?) and a cast off from west ham in a sesperate attempt to get someont through the door. Now i know the signings weren't bad by any means, but it paints a picture that we are still shopping in the bargain basement rather than having some ambition.

We could have signed bony from city, we got a striker that the team bottom of the league didn't even want. That is the perspective.

Thing is, for something to change on the pitch, we need to change who we are buying from rather than the player itself.

Come sep 1st we had bought from 2 championship clubs, a team finished 17th, swansea (16th?) and a cast off from west ham in a sesperate attempt to get someont through the door. Now i know the signings weren't bad by any means, but it paints a picture that we are still shopping in the bargain basement rather than having some ambition.

We could have signed bony from city, we got a striker that the team bottom of the league didn't even want. That is the perspective.

I would have gone for him too, but he's not exactly done much for Stoke himself has he? 19th in the league. As long as a player is good enough, I don't think we have to necessarily be signing the fancy names. Gueye has been excellent so far, it's irrelevant that he played for a club in the Championship.

I do see what you are saying though, but the bigger name signings will come when and if we start achieving top 6 and top 4 finishes. Otherwise we won't be able to bring in the top quality players that our fans delude themselves in to thinking that would consider us.

What I find strange is that we don't ever target those strikers who are likely to get 10 goals minimum to be our back up striker. The younger ones aged about 25-28 who can do it more than one season. Us buying Kone when he's 30 for example was a bad buy. Think we should be targeting the likes of Charlie Austin and Odion Ighalo as our back up strikers, as well as one other decent striker. Ideally we need Lukaku plus 2 others capable of getting 10-15 goals a season.

I would have gone for him too, but he's not exactly done much for Stoke himself has he? 19th in the league. As long as a player is good enough, I don't think we have to necessarily be signing the fancy names. Gueye has been excellent so far, it's irrelevant that he played for a club in the Championship.

I do see what you are saying though, but the bigger name signings will come when and if we start achieving top 6 and top 4 finishes. Otherwise we won't be able to bring in the top quality players that our fans delude themselves in to thinking that would consider us.

What I find strange is that we don't ever target those strikers who are likely to get 10 goals minimum to be our back up striker. The younger ones aged about 25-28 who can do it more than one season. Us buying Kone when he's 30 for example was a bad buy. Think we should be targeting the likes of Charlie Austin and Odion Ighalo as our back up strikers, as well as one other decent striker. Ideally we need Lukaku plus 2 others capable of getting 10-15 goals a season.
It is general perspective though. If we finished 4th this season for arguments sake, then it would be seen as doing it the everton way i.e sell to buy and buying players who no-one else wanted. the reality is we over spent on Bolasie to get him in and panic bought valencia.

But taking what you said about Bony. Is the manager a facotr also? If he arrived here and Koeman was hard on him and didn't let him out of line at all then perhaps we get a better striker than stoke, who give him the room to have an ego? Same as any player, personally i think sissoko would have been great here, but off the back of poor managers at newcastle. All opinionated there though.

I just think nothing has changed in the regard of how we conduct out business. the players we signed were dealt with very quckly and efficiently, the players who were more ambitious all failed. Granted i agree attracting players here is hard right now, can fully expect some of them to turn us down. But at the end of the day we sold to buy, and selling stones was basically our transfer budget sorted out with a couple million profit. Good business for the price? yes absolutely. Are we anywhere near moving up to the next level? Not whatsoever, the squad was good enough for europa in the first place.

Fat headed gimp sits on the bench not looking one bit arsed about the game, hasn't looked like he's wanted to be here from the off.

Wow look at the progress we've made, so far all Moshiri has shown is that he can overpay fat headed gimps and use a humongous arsehole like Jim White as a mouthpiece. He's actually managed to be more cringeworthy and deluded than Kenwright, so I suppose at least he's achieved something of note at Everton.

Fat headed gimp sits on the bench not looking one bit arsed about the game, hasn't looked like he's wanted to be here from the off.

Wow look at the progress we've made, so far all Moshiri has shown is that he can overpay fat headed gimps and use a humongous arsehole like Jim White as a mouthpiece. He's actually managed to be more cringeworthy and deluded than Kenwright, so I suppose at least he's achieved something of note at Everton.

image.webp

lol

Now that is what I call cutting through the BS :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back