Oh for another 'Inchy' moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowadays we give other teams their inchy moments every week. In recent years the 15-16 Bournemouth away game when we drew 3-3 allowed them to go on a good run (beating Chelsea at SB) and stay in the league, or Wigan dumping us out of the cup. I feel like that is now our purpose in world football, bringing joy to others!

The difference is, that team had the backbone to react to adversity once their tails were up. This team looks like falling apart at the drop of a hat, regardless of form or fortune.

You're saying that with the benefit of hindsight - the ones calling for Howard's head weren't saying that as there was no evidence at the time.

Nowadays we give other teams their inchy moments every week. In recent years the 15-16 Bournemouth away game when we drew 3-3 allowed them to go on a good run (beating Chelsea at SB) and stay in the league, or Wigan dumping us out of the cup. I feel like that is now our purpose in world football, bringing joy to others!
West Ham agree! So many clubs would like us as their next fixture.

Not moving on the 'sack Kendall' protests from the fans seems to me to be one good reason for us not adopting the Kopite approach of publicly protesting about everything they're not happy with.

You're saying that with the benefit of hindsight - the ones calling for Howard's head weren't saying that as there was no evidence at the time.
They weren't throwing the towel in either, it just wasn't clicking. This mob should have come into this season brimming with confidence after the last few months of last season, and regardless of how good or poor the transfer window was, shouldn't be dropping their heads now and sitting 18th in the table. They've failed miserably to take their opportunity. If West Ham gift us a dodgy back pass next week, I doubt we'll plough on to glory on the back of it. We need our Inchy moment higher up in the club to have a positive effect on the pitch.

That kevin brock back pass was a crucial point in our season without a doubt. However, go back to November and the league cup game vs Coventry, in front of less than 10,000 fans. We go 1 down, and then Howard brings on Peter Reid as sub. Cue Adrian Heath equalising, and Sharp scoring the winner in the last 5 minutes. That was the turning point for me. Inchy had 3 goals from his haul that season which will go down as etched in the memory of all of us who were lucky to see them...the 2 mentioned, and the SF goal vs Southampton....Magic !!
Absolutely bang on. I was at the Coventry game. Reidy came on. And the 9000 roared them on. And of course highbury. My greatest moment as an Evertonian.

That kevin brock back pass was a crucial point in our season without a doubt. However, go back to November and the league cup game vs Coventry, in front of less than 10,000 fans. We go 1 down, and then Howard brings on Peter Reid as sub. Cue Adrian Heath equalising, and Sharp scoring the winner in the last 5 minutes. That was the turning point for me. Inchy had 3 goals from his haul that season which will go down as etched in the memory of all of us who were lucky to see them...the 2 mentioned, and the SF goal vs Southampton....Magic !!
Christ,there weren't many of us there that Coventry cup game,but we didn't half get behind them!!

That season from August to end of January I was in the USA on a college exchange program and had to follow things from picking up The Telegraph in the library. Remember phoning home in January to find out the FA cup result against Stoke. Got back home and went the match, we won 3-0. Remember turning to my mates and saying we’re playing some great stuff here, they’re response was you should have seen us a few months ago, we were [Poor language removed]! So that season I missed all the rubbish and just saw us playing great football :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.