Gosling: 5M

Hibbert: 1M
Yobo: 10M
Jagielka: 25M
Lescott: 25M
Baines: 18M

Howard: 4M

Thats my valuation(y)

How is Saha worth £2m less than Vaughan?

Some people baffle me, im tellin ya. :blink:

Very generous valuations on this thread :lol:

Yakubu: 10M
Saha: Free
Anichebe: 3.5M
Vaughan: 3.5M

Cahill: 15M
Fellaini: 9M
Arteta: 25M
Pienaar: 15M
Neville: 3M
Osman: 3M
Rodwell: 12 M
Gosling: 5 M

Hibbert: 2 M
Yobo: 8 M
Jagielka: 18 M
Lescott: 18 M
Baines: 12 M

Howard: 3 M

Everton football club = Priceless.

When Moyes waves his wand the team is worth more than it's sum of it's parts.

Reminds me a bit of the Dogs of War team.

Yakubu: 12M
Saha: 3M
Anichebe: 3M
Vaughan: 3M

Cahill: 16M
Fellaini: 15M
Arteta: 20M
Pienaar: 10M
Neville: 3.0M
Osman: 3.0M
Rodwell: 6.5M
Gosling: 3M

Hibbert: 2M
Yobo: 8M
Jagielka: 15M
Lescott: 15M
Baines: 8M

Howard: 3M

Double Vaughan's if he gets a full season in

(ive gone with how much i would pay if they were at another club )

I understand your logic, and I think most of your values are sensible on that premise (Yakubu's a bit too low, but whatever). But in reality, their value to us is higher than their value if they were at another club, because we know that they fit in.

For example, say we sold Arteta for £18m and bought, let's say, Moutinho for £18m as a replacement (just for the sake of argument, let's assume both players are equally talented). What if Moutinho doesn't like the English lifestyle? What if he thinks Cahill is a cock and it ruins the dressing room? What if he doesn't fit our formation? What if what if what if?

For that reason, the price we'd sell our players for should be higher than the price we'd pay for an equivalent player. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't, unless the latter is significantly cheaper, in which case we should sell our soul for the difference.

Louis Laurent Saha (born 8 August 1978
James Oliver Vaughan (born 14 July 1988

Thats why. Next.

So a striker who has played no more than a full season of games, is worth more than a proven goal scorer? Don't chat utter bollocks mate.

I understand the fact that Vaughan has age on his side, but at the moment, he and Saha are both crocks. The only thing separating them is that Saha is a proven goal scorer.

He's just impersonating you (y)

But tbf neither are worth that much, I would expect more for Vaughan though, Sahas a washed up talent that gets injured too much whereas Vaughan has time on his side and if he can get past his injuries he's got the world at his feet, he can be a big player for us with a full season

He's just impersonating you (y)

But tbf neither are worth that much, I would expect more for Vaughan though, Sahas a washed up talent that gets injured too much whereas Vaughan has time on his side and if he can get past his injuries he's got the world at his feet, he can be a big player for us with a full season

Vaughan is a wasted talent mate.

He has lost the first few years of his footballing career. Saha has had his best days.

yeah it's not like an English strikers ever kicked on in his mid twenties and gone on to be top class :unsure:

So a striker who has played no more than a full season of games, is worth more than a proven goal scorer? Don't chat utter bollocks mate.

I understand the fact that Vaughan has age on his side, but at the moment, he and Saha are both crocks. The only thing separating them is that Saha is a proven goal scorer.

Never suggest I talk utter genitals mate. Ever.

Im always right, its pointless you even trying to prove otherwise.

If they both went on sale tomorrow, people would pay more for the younger injury prone striker, than they would the older injury prone striker. FACHHHHT.

Never suggest I talk utter genitals mate. Ever.

Im always right, its pointless you even trying to prove otherwise.

If they both went on sale tomorrow, people would pay more for the younger injury prone striker, than they would the older injury prone striker. FACHHHHT.

Do the stare mate, do the stare!

*Shivers!

I dont want no Drama, but if hes bringing it, im gonna camp it up quicker than Bill on Sky Sports. You hear me homies??

I can get a gun, bullets, 5minutes. I know people who know people, who have read Curtis Warrens book, thats how connected I am.

I understand your logic, and I think most of your values are sensible on that premise (Yakubu's a bit too low, but whatever). But in reality, their value to us is higher than their value if they were at another club, because we know that they fit in.

For example, say we sold Arteta for £18m and bought, let's say, Moutinho for £18m as a replacement (just for the sake of argument, let's assume both players are equally talented). What if Moutinho doesn't like the English lifestyle? What if he thinks Cahill is a cock and it ruins the dressing room? What if he doesn't fit our formation? What if what if what if?

For that reason, the price we'd sell our players for should be higher than the price we'd pay for an equivalent player. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't, unless the latter is significantly cheaper, in which case we should sell our soul for the difference.
the point's a good one... but the example's not.

By all accounts, Moutinho is just about the most professional player out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back