Ok, name YOUR price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did value Rodwell at 30m. Maybe 7m might be high but only yesterday we were being linked with paying that for a teenager from the 3rd tier of English football so maybe 7m is the going rate.

He may play for Leeds, but Delph is SUBSTANTIALLY further along in his development than Dan is...

Yakubu: 20M
Saha: 13M
Anichebe: 5M
Vaughan: 8.5M

Cahill: 35M
Fellaini: 26M
Arteta: 50M + 1M for each match played for the rest of his career
Pienaar: 15M
Neville: 8M
Osman: 7.5M
Rodwell: 15M
Gosling: 15M

Hibbert: 6M
Yobo: 15M
Jagielka: 28M
Lescott: 28M
Baines: 20M

Howard: 15M
Nash: 3M

These figures only if we get another, BETTER player in at the same position. And I'd still be gutted if we sold many of these at these prices...

im probably gonna get slated for low pricing but id go with....
(ive gone with how much i would pay if they were at another club )

Yakubu: 9m
Saha: 3M
Anichebe: 3M
Vaughan: 3M

Cahill: 12M
Fellaini: 10M
Arteta: 18M
Pienaar: 9M
Neville: 3M
Osman: 3M
Rodwell: 7M
Gosling: 4M

Hibbert: 1.5M
Yobo: 8M
Jagielka: 15M
Lescott: 15M
Baines: 8M

Howard: 5M

I don't think your figures are that bad, mate. I would certainly question Yakubu at just £9m. AJ went for nearly £13m, so Yakubu, a British based striker, must be worth near to £18m, assuming nothing has happened during his injury (we've no reason to assume it has). Rodwell, for the potential alone, would go for higher than £7m too.

Dutch, no I don't mate.

These however, are spot on. (y)

I don't think your figures are that bad, mate. I would certainly question Yakubu at just £9m. AJ went for nearly £13m, so Yakubu, a British based striker, must be worth near to £18m, assuming nothing has happened during his injury (we've no reason to assume it has). Rodwell, for the potential alone, would go for higher than £7m too.

You're both probably right, but thing is, paying over the odds for players is something that has gone on for years. If for example Robbie Keane is sold for £21M. (it was that I believe, right?:unsure:), I don't see why we should sell our players at the actual value. Yakubu isn't a lesser player than Keane in my opinion. Title of the thread was about 'your price', not the actual value. Also, is Kaka actual worth the £100M+ City were prepared to splash out on him? No, of course not, but in todays market you'll pay way over the odds. That's sadly just the way it is.

so you'd be ok, if the headline in the paper tomorrow was:

"Redknapp reunited with Yakubu in £9m deal" ??

to be honest i think we payed top whack for the yak anyway.

if i could recoup 9 million after getting 2 seasons out of him , i think id be ok with that.

i also think with the recession that prices have dropped for players on the whole , even though the top top players have still risen in price.

take jo for example , city paid 19 million (i think) , do you think they will recoup that if they sold him today ? personnaly i think they will do well to get 9-11 million back.

Last edited:
Dutch, no I don't mate.

These however, are spot on. (y)
See what I've done now. Just quoted someone's post and forgot to edit Fellaini's value. Wanted to say £10-£12M at the moment, as I also believe we payed over the odds for him. However, I'm sure he'll prove to be worth the sum we payed for him.

to be honest i think we payed top whack for the yak anyway.

if i could recoup 9 million after getting 2 seasons out of him , i think id be ok with that.

i also think with the recession that prices have dropped for players on the whole , even though the top top players have still risen in price.

take jo for example , city paid 19 million (i think) , do you think they will recoup that if they sold him today ? personnaly i think they will do well to get 9-11 million back.

The difference being, of course, that Jo came over here and did relatively little after being transferred for £18m

Yakubu on the other hand has CONSISTENTLY scored goals in the Premier League for 5 or 6 years now, and after signing for us scored, wait for it, TWENTY ONE goals in his first season.

And you'd let him go for a loss?! "Recouping" £9m on a player who has improved since we signed him. Sorry, I just don't see any logic there whatsoever.

You "recoup" money on failures, not successes.

I think Yak would be gone this summer if he was fit anyway.

And just because a player is worth something, doesn't mean you would let him go.

If an offer came in meeting your evaluation for every player in our team, would you let them go?

See what I've done now. Just quoted someone's post and forgot to edit Fellaini's value. Wanted to say £10-£12M at the moment, as I also believe we payed over the odds for him. However, I'm sure he'll prove to be worth the sum we payed for him.

We paid well over the odds for an average player.

I still think he was a panic buy.

The difference being, of course, that Jo came over here and did relatively little after being transferred for £18m

Yakubu on the other hand has CONSISTENTLY scored goals in the Premier League for 5 or 6 years now, and after signing for us scored, wait for it, TWENTY ONE goals in his first season.

And you'd let him go for a loss?! "Recouping" £9m on a player who has improved since we signed him. Sorry, I just don't see any logic there whatsoever.

You "recoup" money on failures, not successes.

no , dont get me wrong , i would want to make a profit on yak.
but its how much at most i would pay if we were buying him from boro today.

he could go up in value , but it could be worse , he could become injury prone or not be the same player after his injury and go down in value.(just look at alan smiths career for an eg of how an investment can turn into little return value)
so i wouldnt be too upset if out of the blue our 12 million investment in yakubu ended up getting us 26 goals in 2 seasons and a £9 million return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back