Old Everton Pictures

14th May 1966. Winger Mike Trebilcock (congratulated by team mate Ray Wilson) proves to be an unlikely hero of Everton's FA Cup Final victory against Sheffield Wednesday, at Wembley. Injury to star striker Fred Pickering saw Trebilcock get a late call up and scoring twice.

f35f6fda3952baa5dc64425d73fba82d.jpg

A truly wonderful team performance. One of the best I can recall. On a par with 5-0 win v Man Utd in 84/5

..i’m still in awe of every picture I see of Alan Ball. The pictures are still but I can see his movement and I can see the attitude. The game mattered to him, playing for Everton mattered to him. You put that ingredient with his true world class ability (a phrase I rarely use), he was unforgettable.

..i’m still in awe of every picture I see of Alan Ball. The pictures are still but I can see his movement and I can see the attitude. The game mattered to him, playing for Everton mattered to him. You put that ingredient with his true world class ability (a phrase I rarely use), he was unforgettable.
Well said Sir. Couldn’t have put it better.
He hated to be beaten. He demanded excellence from his team mates.
That what makes a real winner.
Goodness knows what he would make of some players attitudes today.
I was lucky to meet him in later life with my son. He was so down to earth and a pleasure to talk to. His eyes just lit up when he heard I was an Evertonian.
He loved our club and we loved him
I will never see a better player in a blue shirt

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back