Old Everton Pictures

everton-team.jpg

The 1977 League Cup final needed three meetings between Aston Villa and Everton to find a winner, with a 0-0 draw at Wembley followed by a 1-1 draw at Hillsborough. Eventually Villa claimed victory in the third match at Old Trafford - here, Brian Little slams the ball into the net beyond Everton goalkeeper David Lawson for a late winner in the second replay. Villa were 3-2 victors and tasted success in the competition for the second time in three seasons -
bad memories -whats @Dario Terracotta doing lol-
article-2568112-1BD61C6600000578-385_964x675.jpg

The 1977 League Cup final needed three meetings between Aston Villa and Everton to find a winner, with a 0-0 draw at Wembley followed by a 1-1 draw at Hillsborough. Eventually Villa claimed victory in the third match at Old Trafford - here, Brian Little slams the ball into the net beyond Everton goalkeeper David Lawson for a late winner in the second replay. Villa were 3-2 victors and tasted success in the competition for the second time in three seasons -
bad memories -whats @Dario Terracotta doing lol-
article-2568112-1BD61C6600000578-385_964x675.jpg
Oh no no no
More nightmares tonight
Terry is flat footed whilst dancing.

I have said this before and no doubt I will say it again many times but thank you all very much for your photos. It’s the best thread ever and cheers me up every day( apart from the bloody photos of all those semi final and milk cup final defeats 1969-1978.)
The worst is the 1968 cup final ones.....outplayed them that day Husband header taking it off Bally head.....doh

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back