Old Everton Pictures

Gary Lineker of Everton celebrates his goal with team-mate Paul Wilkinson (left) during the Everton v West Ham United Division 1 match played at Goodison Park, Liverpool on the 5th May 1986. Everton won the match 3-1. -
gary-lineker-of-everton-celebrates-his-goal-with-teammate-paul-the-picture-id101558708
Not to be unkind, but Wilko always reminded me of nothing so much as Lurch with a mullet.

With all due respect to Lyons and Darracott, they were not midfielders, especially when pitted against the likes of Robertson, McGovern, O'Neill.
But then again Forest did go on to win the league that year
That was an excellent Forest side though not as enjoyable to watch as Carey's team in 1966-67, when they beat us three times in the season, most famously in that belting cup-tie.

Oh god that was another nightmare. I can still recall standing behind the goal at an open end. The end was packed with Evertonians. I think Jimmy Husband scored twice for us but that bloody Ian Storey- Moore scored three.
There weren’t many double barrelled footballers about in those days. They tended to belong to posh people. Nowadays they are plentiful. I reckon it’s just because they are unsure who the father is:oops:

Oh god that was another nightmare. I can still recall standing behind the goal at an open end. The end was packed with Evertonians. I think Jimmy Husband scored twice for us but that bloody Ian Storey- Moore scored three.
There weren’t many double barrelled footballers about in those days. They tended to belong to posh people. Nowadays they are plentiful. I reckon it’s just because they are unsure who the father is:oops:
Do you want some photos of thatlol?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back