Old Everton Pictures

Always remember Billy butler on the PA that day,"a police anouncement for the Altrincham fans, your tandem is parked behind the stand"lol

I read an Altrincham fan's account of that game and he mentions 'some scouse idiot' on the tannoy telling unfunny jokes! They regard that day as a heroic performance and that they were robbed by an obvious dive from an Everton player (David Irving?) for the penalty. No mention of Connolly or Gary Jones!

There will be a brief hiatus while every Blue of a certain age weaps inconsolably at the most stupid sale of the decade.

Sad day, but a heroic performance by our shell-shocked team, led by our new captain, Howard Kendall, who gave us an early lead with a spectacular volley. Peter Simpson grabbed a late equaliser.

Mcmagic clipped one against the bar;):)

Only other things I remember are the game being stopped in the 2nd half because one of the bandsmen had lost a spur at half-time so the ref had all the players looking for it. And then at the final whistle when the players just stood around not knowing what to do as the Football League had decided, for some reason, that there would be no extra time.

feb%201953%20v%20mu%20fac%20.jpg

Only other things I remember are the game being stopped in the 2nd half because one of the bandsmen had lost a spur at half-time so the ref had all the players looking for it. And then at the final whistle when the players just stood around not knowing what to do as the Football League had decided, for some reason, that there would be no extra time.
My first Wembley game too, me and the old man went in style on the Pulman,horrendous game though:)