Old Everton Pictures

Just reading those latest” Focus on” with John Connolly, Andy King and John Bailey...how can people refer to footballers as stereotype? ...it’s coincidence that they all like going to Germany,eating steak and none has a clue what they would have been if they hadn’t been good at football
Also noted that John Baileys birthday is April 1st..what a surprise!

Just reading those latest” Focus on” with John Connolly, Andy King and John Bailey...how can people refer to footballers as stereotype? ...it’s coincidence that they all like going to Germany,eating steak and none has a clue what they would have been if they hadn’t been good at football

..played with Bailey in Liverpool Schoolboys U15s trial match at Penny Lane. I crossed from the right, he came in from the left and scored a header. He went wild and you didn’t go Wild in trial games. I got the 46 bus home with him and remember how enthusiastic he was. He never got in (but I did).

Oh god the Elland rd disaster
From ecstacy of Bobs equaliser when he climbed the fence after equalising to bloody Lampard dancing around the corner flag
I can remember it as if it was last night..in fact I can remember it more than last night

agreed , was so convinced we were going to the final
I was in the KOP end with my mate Eddie when Bob headed in from an impossible angle we went crazy then to despair and shock, longest trip home by train from a match I can remember

Well Leafe, I know John Bailey at least was an apprentice panel beater at one time as a mate of mine did his training with him, he was a great character to have about the place at the beginning of our 80's adventures.

Now working at Wigan best of Luck Joe-
Royle-Will-Always-Be-An-Evertonian.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back