Old Everton Pictures

Asa Hartford -
51phOSp20pL.jpg

....keep your distance, Jimmy.
Two tackles stand out in my mind at goodison as being career finishing the Dave Mackay - on Jimmy Husband in the league cup and the one where Jimmy was clean trough just over the half way line to be cut down waste height { dont think Mackay got even booked- it was a stright red}
the John Connolly v Altringham in the FA Cup right in front of me a double leg break both players lost pace after that......

Two tackles stand out in my mind at goodison as being career finishing the Dave Mackay - on Jimmy Husband in the league cup and the one where Jimmy was clean trough just over the half way line to be cut down waste height { dont think Mackay got even booked- it was a stright red}
the John Connolly v Altringham in the FA Cup right in front of me a double leg break both players lost pace after that......

..add Jimmy Case on Geoff McNulty to that list, Joey. Brian Marwood on Adrian Heath was a bit nasty as well.

FA Cup Fifth Round replay at Goodison Park. 20th February 1991. Everton 4 v Liverpool 4 after extra time. Left to right: Jan Molby, Gary Ablett, Graeme Sharp, Glenn Hysen, Pat Nevin, David Burrows, Barry Venison, unidentified and Dave Watson. This was the last match in charge for Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish. -
h_00207470.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back