Old Everton Pictures

1930s Dixie Dean of Everton with Tom Bradshaw of Liverpool.
DjdkRbkW4AM4yA_.jpg

I like him when on Sky he always talks with affection about us unlike Lineker who thinks he is a Spurs player when we gave him his step up......
After all the heroics from Lineker, scoring all those goals, it is still his stinker of a game against Oxford that cost us the league title, that I shall remember him most.
Oh......and the fact he has turned into a self centred opiniated prick.

Lawson, Big Mick, Kenyon and Dario all looking rather perplexed

That's Tiger McLaughlin not Mr Terracotta. And although it doesn't look like him it's Westy in goal. Fa Cup 5th round 1972. Some film of it here though the camera is a bit too late to catch the goals. Good glimpses of Gary Jones flying down the wing and Henry Newton blazing our best chance over the bar. My memory of the game is an outstanding performance by a young Steve Perryman for them. We played them again a few days later in one of those games played on a midweek afternoon because of power cuts - drew 1-1, Big Joe missed a penalty but Henry Newton scrambled in the rebound.

The old Hermitage pub an ideal place to park before the match - a fair walk to the ground mind you - sadly burnt down....
d7f316dfed867277c7ea4a808b93b812.jpg

..they had the Pink Echo on the wall from the Derby we won at Anfield in 1964.

Parked there once, young lad said ‘can I mind your car mister’ so I said yes. Got back to the car after the game and the door was open and the engine running. It took me a minute to work out somebody must’ve got disturbed trying to rob it.

Great picture, Joey.