Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

JS27230818.jpg

....if my memory is right one of the Wednesday defenders is Don Megson, father of Gary Megson. Indeed, he was skipper and was the first to lead his losing team on a lap of honour.
Yes spot on the fact they were 2-0 up - and our magical comeback, that final goal the winner was it Megson who stood on the ball to let Temple run in from the half way line he took his goal with aplomb v a very good keeper!
Such a memorable day my older brother was there as a teenager I was at home watching it in black and white with my EFC kit on, crying when we were 2-0 down- crying when we won with joy!

Although Whittle helped us to a title, I'd say Kanchelskis was better, going by my nan's description of Whittle's game and my own eyesight watching Andrei.
I agree with that, as a sore point when EFC returned from the 1986 cup final tour I was at the rocket to greet the team bus, and a word got around that a reserve Blues player was in the crowd I got to him in a mass of fans non other than Alan Whittle - I got hi autograph on a price of note paper lost it on the bus when paying the conductor going home as a lad- bah!
If my memory is correct her put his ciggie out to sign it!

Yes spot on the fact they were 2-0 up - and our magical comeback, that final goal the winner was it Megson who stood on the ball to let Temple run in from the half way line he took his goal with aplomb v a very good keeper!
Such a memorable day my older brother was there as a teenager I was at home watching it in black and white with my EFC kit on, crying when we were 2-0 down- crying when we won with joy!

....I actually went with my folks. I was 9 and a regular at Goodison but they left me with family in Thornton Heath, Croydon, whilst they were at the match. To this day I can't understand why I didn't go. Never mind, went in 68 and afterwards.

It was Gerry young who stood on the ball I think? Just remembered hope I am correct!

....I actually went with my folks. I was 9 and a regular at Goodison but they left me with family in Thornton Heath, Croydon, whilst they were at the match. To this day I can't understand why I didn't go. Never mind, went in 68 and afterwards.
Can still visualise my dad going down street and around corner. Fully expected him to come back a few seconds later to say surprise you are coming too! About 1 pm I knew it wasn't happening!!! B and W telly!!! Went in 68 sigh, was still crying the following week!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back