Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

1961 efc.webp
Bobby Collins left the team one year after this photograph in 1961 - he had taken us from a relegation team to a very good side HC would not pay his wage demands - My older brother recons he even asked for a sow pig for his small holding and John moores would have none of it so be it he went to Leeds FC and the rest was history for them under Don Revie !
What a commanding sight the young Brain Labone looked!

Last edited:
An early 1962/53 championship team Photo with Tony Kay, and Alex Scott not added to the squad - can anyone please name them left to right? the front two sat down look weird?
I962 63 early champoinship team.webp

Last edited:
Of the two sat on the grass, the one on the right I think is Ray Veall.
yes your right I just looked at the players used that season - West - M Meagan -G Thompson [ Alex Young s Cousin} - J Gabriel - B Labone- B Harris- B Bingham - D Stevens - A Young - R Vernon - R Veall - A Parker - G Sharples - J Morressey -F Wignall -T Kay - Alex Scott - G Heslop - A Dunlop
19 players, but Chico Scott, and Tony Kay had not been signed to be on that early pre season Photograph got an idea on most of them but there are 25 players on it, 17 players only made the first team that year. 8 players never used who are they?
I recognise the obvious please can any one contribute I am sure I will remember, when the names are mentioned Ray Veall looks like he sucking a lemon!lol
He played 11 games that season as a no 11.

Yes he mis controlled it, and Temple was on to it like lightning, his end shot was a belter, against an accomplished very good Keeper in Ron Springet- HC praised him as it was not an easy chance, Treblecock got all the plaudits rightly , but that winner was brilliant!
My dad always said that as soon as Temple got possession he knew it was a goal. Insisted he scored lots like it running in from the wing. Springett was England goalie at the time I think. Temple's aplomb is excellent, it was no mean feat to beat him like that. The moment I saw that go in I went mental!!! 7 years old, warm sunny day, went running into garden like a lunatic. Did not really understand footy but knew my dad was there at the stadium and somehow this was magic!!!!

Just looking at Royston,what was he 10stone ? But what a player.
Ten stone if he was soaking wet thunderous shot with either foot made a lot of goals for the golden vision overlooked imo!
My brother had his autograph when he signed it for him outside the players entrance at Goodison he noticed his fingers full of brown nicotine!

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back