Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Altringham lol ! Not even on Wikipedia !!
Thanks for pointing it out my spelling mistake on original post it is of course Altrincham

Our team at Goodison was
Dai Davies, Mick Lyons, Ken McNaught, John McLaughlin, Dave Clements, Mike Barnard, John Connolly, David Irving, Jim Pearson, Bob Latchford, Gary Jones.

In the replay at Old Trafford there were some changes to our starting line up with Peter Scott, Martin Dobson and George Telfer replacing Barnard, Irving and Connolly

Dixie kicking off at Brian Harris's testimonial at Newport County

Jimmy Gabriel and John Charles also featured :

2493_Dixie_dean_harris_test_1.jpg

2493_Image5_1.jpg

$_57.JPG

It was just before the beginning of the ISL, we went to the US immediately after our last game of the 60-61 season v Arsenal on 29th April.

The game at Goodison ended 1-1 but my Granddad (whose notes I am looking at) did not record the scorers.

Result was 2-2 Attendance 31,706

Kevin Langley and Eamon O'Keefe for Wigan!!! Enjoyed that match, first time to Wigan.
Was the yellow Newport programme from the cup game where Sheedy equalised very late on?

Theyre not mine mate, although I did have (may still have) the Hamrun Spartans one, my Grandad was on hol in Malta & team were in his hotel, when they found out he was a blue (age about 80 then) they asked him if he was going the game and when he said it was just a coincidence that he was there & way past being mobile enough they gave him tickets & transport, said he ended up sat in Directors Box & got 5 star treatment.

bert-freeman.jpg

Bert Freeman - played for us 1907-1911.An Everton director who scouted him before signing reported back saying 'apart from scoring all four goals he did nothing else'. Nice to see directors haven't changed much.
Scored 65 goals in 94 appearences. Allowed to leave, aged 26, because apparently he was past his best lol

bert-freeman.jpg

Bert Freeman - played for us 1907-1911.An Everton director who scouted him before signing reported back saying 'apart from scoring all four goals he did nothing else'. Nice to see directors haven't changed much.
Scored 65 goals in 94 appearences. Allowed to leave, aged 26, because apparently he was past his best lol

Not too old to score the winning goal in the 1914 FA Cup Final against the [Poor language removed].

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back