Old Everton Pictures

Was in a Wiltshire pub on Friday. A hideous new build that tried to incorporate local history with loads of pointless and largely irrelevant bric a brac. Pub was built on the site of a former dairy. So, imagine my surprise when I spotted this on the way to the gents.The young lady appears to be Miss Dairy Queen 1964 and the badge is PNE. The young fella kneeling on the left looks very much like young Howard. I presume this was some kind of pre Cup Final jiggery pokery. That sort of footballer as a celebrity was just starting to take off.
Anyhow; Howard.Top man.

Last edited:
Was in a Wiltshire pub on Friday. A hideous new build that tried to incorporate local history with loads of pointless and largely irrelevant bric a brac. Pub was built on the site of a former dairy. So, imagine my surprise when I spotted this on the way to the gents.The young lady appears to be Miss Dairy Queen 1964 and the badge is PNE. The young fella kneeling on the left looks very much like young Howard. I presume this was some kind of pre Cup Final jiggery pokery. That sort of footballer as a celebrity was just starting to take off.
Anyhow; Howard.Top man.

View attachment 69269
Nice pic that with a young HK in the Preston fa cup team youngest player at that time to play in a final!

Anyhow; Howard.Top man.

View attachment 69269
Milk maid is sitting on former Busby babe Alex Dawson's knee

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back