Old Everton Pictures

The lads in the bottom pic seem convinced...I know I was.
You're in the that newspaper archive thingy arent you. There is a picture from side on taken just before the top one, shows Springetts arm(s?) Wrapped round Youngs ankles like it was Twickenhan not Wembley
Who would've took it, I think Scott or maybe Gabriel...who was the designated penno take that season, I can't remember who...or us getting many that season which maybe why I can't remember.

Who would've took it, I think Scott or maybe Gabriel...who was the designated penno take that season, I can't remember who...or us getting many that season which maybe why I can't remember.
Alex Scott took pens in the cup on occasions - Leeds away in the mid 1960,s My late father told me we were getting beat 1-0 v a division 2 side Leeds at Elland road and in the last 5 minutes we got a pen - now chico had been successful in previous rounds in the cup that season he stepped up and the keeper saved it - fortunately the ref spotted the Leeds keeper had moved before the spot kick was taken - Roy Vernon grabbed the ball to equalise - we won the replay - so maybe Chico would have taken that Wembley pen that wasn't given ..... Alex Scott claimed that game the turf etc after the game his calf muscles were really hurting him and he lost pace the following season his form dipped dramatically, and he was sold on....

Chico Scott and family -

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back