Old Everton Pictures

View attachment 69475

Officially my own first "away" game if you can call a derby that!!I shed the tears too as Fairclough scored very, very late on:(
Was this the game played early on a Saturday, possibly a Grand National day, if I’m right they not only scored very late but missed a penalty after the goal.
Yep,phil Neal missed i remember us playing well that day,telfer hit the bar with a great curling effort in the first half,very cruel end to the game!!
Spot on lads. My first away derby too. Gutted. We played alright but Fairclough was in full on super sub mode at that time iirc.

The lads in the bottom pic seem convinced...I know I was.
You're in the that newspaper archive thingy arent you. There is a picture from side on taken just before the top one, shows Springetts arm(s?) Wrapped round Youngs ankles like it was Twickenhan not Wembley
100% a penalty. Not even a VAR official would have supported the ref on this one. We also scored a goal wrongly disallowed for offside shortly after this incident. Still, without these two poor decisions we'd have never had what followed.

George telfer lived in Huyton with Roby a boyhood red fan who became a Blue - used to see him always playing football nearby my Girlfriend's now wifes then house ...-

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back