Old Everton Pictures

Good question
It was 1972 f a cup replay v Palace which we won 3-2
Scorers were Kenyon, Scott and Hurst.
To be honest it could have been any of them in this pic but think it might be Hurst although it could be Peter Scott’s shot...
I was looking up our matches against Palace in the early 1970s. It's hard to say who scored. But I think that you could be right. It's Peter Scott.......I think.

Saw this guy play in a derby. Don't think that he touched the ball. Useless.....just useless. Although to be fair......the whole team that day was useless. 5-0 to Liverpool. Biley wasn't very good.
Not sure Biley played in that game? Think Sharpy played?
You are right though it was an embarrassing defeat.
I think Nev got dropped after it. Just shows how you can bounce back after that and be a world class player

Not sure Biley played in that game? Think Sharpy played?
You are right though it was an embarrassing defeat.
I think Nev got dropped after it. Just shows how you can bounce back after that and be a world class player
Biley or Sharp were not even in the squad - Andy King played no 9 and David Johnson upfront we got hammered 5-0....doh

Biley or Sharp were not even in the squad - Andy King played no 9 and David Johnson upfront we got hammered 5-0....doh
[/GoalkeeperNeville Southall
DefenderJohn Bailey
DefenderBrian Borrows
DefenderBilly Wright
Central defenderGlenn Keeley
MidfielderAndy King
MidfielderSteve McMahon
MidfielderKevin Sheedy
ForwardAdrian Heath
Forward David Johnson
ForwardGraeme Sharp

Joey think Sharpy did play as well. We had a very young side bar David Johnson.
And we had Glenn Keeley for 30 mins. Howard made a rare bad decision there.
RS hit the post twice and had a goal disallowed.
It could have been even worse!
It was the 2nd date for my wife to be. The first was a week earlier when we got stuffed at Coventry 4-2

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back