Old Everton Pictures

Yep - Highway Patrol. Remember the series well.

In the return fixture later in the season, we beat them at Goodison, 3-1 I think.

Two years later I witnessed the biggest dismantling of an Everton team at Goodison ever when the Spurs double-winning team arrived and absolutely demolished us for 90 minutes. That was some team!
Also Spurs have never won the league since then.......

My hero looking in good nick at the Catterick event last night @Joey66 !!!
FB_IMG_15745000584916248.webp

Didn't help.
A foul in their half not given...nothing new...they go down our end and score.
The more 'robust' Kenyon may have been a better choice as sub to contain Toshack.
But I'll never hear a bad word on Sandy
No Sandy was a big hearted talented player , but sadly not much for the dangerous Toshack, Wilfred Dixon changed the substitution only minutes before the game as Kenyon had been sub in every round that season ....Everton that also the fatigue in midweek , the Catts illlness on that day all played its part v that lot - nothing changes....!

Yep imagine getting home to the wife I scored a hattrick She says oh a good win then
Not really we got beat 10-4 ......
A TV USA popular police programme Brodrick Crawford used to regualy say 10\4 over , and out.....
My older brother stated it was murder at school as the red lot kept onsnputing it out to known blues fans repeatedly......
My old man too Joey,My dad said why the hell couldn't we even of got done 10-3,aaarrrrgghh Everton that:mad::)lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back