Old Everton Pictures

I seen just 1963 ,66,1970 1980.... feel sorry for young blues.......
It is annoying that I haven't seen them win anything (excluding the mighty sportpesa trophy) but before moshiri I never really had that feeling of high expectations so I enjoyed watching us under Moyes , now however it feels like we are going backwards and everyone is going forwards

A young Dixie
91009824-7A2E-4D9A-8654-611A76006335.jpeg

I was reading the Bobby Moore autobiography when I was on holiday. It was left in the book library at the hotel. Was a decent read. In one chapter he says West Ham played Everton in the FA Cup 5th round at Upton Park in the early 60s I think 1963. We got beat 1-0. He said Everton had massive support that day and had a goal disallowed and then 3 Everton fans got onto the pitch and headed towards the referee to attack him but the police got to them first. Some older than me on here. Does anyone remember anything about this.

Last edited:
I was reading the Bobby Moore autobiography when I was on holiday. It was left in the book library at the hotel. Was a decent read. In one chapter he says West Ham played Everton in the FA Cup 5th round at Upton Park in the early 60s I think 1963. We got beat 1-0. He said Everton had a goal disallowed and then 3 Everton fans got onto the pitch and headed towards the referee to attack him but the police got to them first. Some older than me on here. Does anyone remember anything about this.
Just before my time but a notorious game when the fans got the title as hooligans as beer bottles were hurled onto the pitch at west ham players - trains got wrecked on the way back to merseyside etc the FA made an issue of the incidents evidently the REF was poor v us, that started the trouble bad decisions etc - Everton That...... we got beat..... being the far better team on the day......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back