Old Everton Pictures

1591537505107.webp

.View attachment 90046
I know this thread is all about the pictures, but I wondered if anybody knows the story behind Ronny's hand?
I had always been under the impression that it was some form of birth defect, but according to Wikipedia, and some other sources (although they may just be copying from Wiki) he lost his hand as a result of an accident with a power tool?????
I don't know,I'd be intrigued to know. Is it my imagination as a kid, but did opposition players sometimes throw him the ball at throw ins? I've got a memory of this, but I was only 7-10 , could be wrong!

View attachment 89835

Somethings are beyond beautiful.

The last time I was in there was for a Tuesday night reserve game between Blues and Huddersfield. The reason, to get a voucher that would hopefully get me a ticket for the 66 Cup final. It worked. That's a super photo, didn't have that view on the night unfortunately. The only thing about the game I remember is that it was Ray Veall's first game back here after leaving Everton.

The last time I was in there was for a Tuesday night reserve game between Blues and Huddersfield. The reason, to get a voucher that would hopefully get me a ticket for the 66 Cup final. It worked. That's a super photo, didn't have that view on the night unfortunately. The only thing about the game I remember is that it was Ray Veall's first game back here after leaving Everton.
Think Ray Veall recently got a championship medal for the 1963 title season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back