Old Everton Pictures

14th February 1970 Despite being pushed in the back by Frank McLintock, Alan Whittle meets a header from Joe Royle and hooks it home for his first against Arsenal -
1595896946250.png

Man City 0 Everton 0 in March 1966 at Maine Road. City keeper Harry Dowd gets the loose ball as the GV tries to poach a goal in the FA Cup 6th Round. Two more replays were needed before the Blues won 2-0 at Wolves on a neutral ground -
View attachment 95785

....I was at that game as a 9 year old sitting behind one of the goals next to my Mum. Looks like ex-Everton George Heslop also in the picture.

Man City 0 Everton 0 in March 1966 at Maine Road. Neil Young fires wide for City in front of over 63,000 fans for the FA Cup 6th Round clash Labone makes sure he narrows the angle to make Young miss - what a pitch a mud heap -
View attachment 95789
This one went to a third game at Molinuex I think .
My arl fella was at every game that year in the cup except the third game as his coach never showed up I remember he was absolutely gutted.

This one went to a third game at Molinuex I think .
My arl fella was at every game that year in the cup except the third game as his coach never showed up I remember he was absolutely gutted.
My Father & older brother went to all the games v city don't forget they were at the top of old division 2 an up & coming side - our home game they both came home & stated how lucky we were to be still in the FA Cup ..... the replay Temple & Boomer Pickering finished them off in a 2-0 win at Molyneux an evening game ....

After two goalless draws between the sides, first at Maine Road and then at Goodison Park three days later, it proved third time lucky for Everton, seeing off Joe Mercer’s team 2-0 at Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Molineux Stadium thanks to goals late in the first half from Derek Temple and 22-goal man Fred Pickering.
It set up a semi-final date with Manchester United and marked the Blues’ first entrance into the FA Cup’s penultimate stage since 1953.
Derek Temple scored in Everton’s 2-0 win over Man City -
1595930258371.png

28 August 1965 NOT A GOAL, but still an important piece of Everton history. John Hurst becomes the first Everton substitute when he replaces the injured Fred Pickering with eight minutes remaining in the away game at Stoke. The final touch of the game came as John Hurst headed a corner into the net only for the referee to rule that he had blown the final whistle before the ball crossed the line. - Everton That - I wonder if Clive Thomas was the referee? :D
1595930467749.png

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.