Old Everton Pictures

1963 -
1595933812165.png

28 August 1965 NOT A GOAL, but still an important piece of Everton history. John Hurst becomes the first Everton substitute when he replaces the injured Fred Pickering with eight minutes remaining in the away game at Stoke. The final touch of the game came as John Hurst headed a corner into the net only for the referee to rule that he had blown the final whistle before the ball crossed the line. - Everton That - I wonder if Clive Thomas was the referee? :D
View attachment 95810
It was a certain Mr R Harper

When people get up in the air about Academy players, saying A, B, C and D should ALL be in the first team.
Take out the one we've all heard of and the other 31 show why Academies are a lottery.
Yes you have to buy the ticket or you'll never win the raffle, but those other 31show the real odds

Just saying like
Agree to a point.
Rooney was exceptional. No other youth player was really going to make get much of a chance under moyes. Even Moyes.couldn't ignore Rooney. Anyhow.....nowadays I think that we have a few more talented youngsters. Wether they get a break.......who knows. And I agree it is a lottery.

Man City 0 Everton 0 in March 1966 at Maine Road. City keeper Harry Dowd gets the loose ball as the GV tries to poach a goal in the FA Cup 6th Round. Two more replays were needed before the Blues won 2-0 at Wolves on a neutral ground -
View attachment 95785

Was behind the goal in pouring rain and got soaked. Apart from that the other memory is of Mike Summerbee head butting sonmeone and their white shirt covered in blood. Fairly hazy on the gory details lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.