Old Everton Pictures

West Ham United V Everton - 1974 George Telfer Scores in a 3-4 defeat for us -
1596019114834.webp

Moggsy - you would hate to be full back with him coming towards you he was fast with his feet work & deadly in the tackle -
View attachment 95842
A powerhouse of a player. Every player from that 1969/70 team is engrained in my memory. Every one of them. Even the few reserves. Moggsy is yet another player from that team that should imo have got a few English caps. Along with (of course) Kendall. I don't think that Morrissey......Kendall and even Hurst would have let themselves down playing for England.

As some of you know I collect photos of goals scored by the blues and have posted most (but far from all) on Pinterest. I have a number where I have failed to identify the specific game and wonder if there is a Dixie Dean affectionado who can identify any of these.

Scan0005 (2).webp
Scan0007.webp

Joey, just found my version of the match report from one of my surviving scrap books.View attachment 95859

Pick well featured in both reports. Scoring a typical smasher at Stoke. Then, less typically, head butting future Tangerine colleague big Glynn James. And the great man remained on the pitch. The good old days lol
Like I wrote a few weeks back this was a memorable encounter for all sorts of reasons.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back