Old Everton Pictures

Poor Fred scored in most rounds he played then that injury - he stated he played a game and knew his knee was done - The Catt never bothered with him much the next season - sold on such a shame. I was asking my older brother what type of CF he was - just look at his scoring ratio he stated phenomenal all round CF ......

1596029749246.webp

1980 Everton manager Gordon Lee signed Irish International goalie Seamus McDonagh for £250,000 from Bolton. “Jim” as he was called played 48 times for The Toffees. He went on to be goalkeeper coach - he was a wee bit small imo but is still coaching -
1596030233369.webp

With the disciplinarian the Catt in charge anything from being late or asking for a pay rise etc
I must have read something at the time but can not find anything now. Gabriel missed five games in that period and I have just been trawling through the British newspaper archives but can only find references saying that Gabriel was dropped. Maybe I dreamed it.

I must have read something at the time but can not find anything now. Gabriel missed five games in that period and I have just been trawling through the British newspaper archives but can only find references saying that Gabriel was dropped. Maybe I dreamed it.
How long was it before he departed to Southampton - My late father loved gabby when Kendall came he took a while to settle in his debut was a mare - I was there, wondering what have we signed here? & let Gabby go to Southampton - but what a player plus Manager HK turned out to be hey ;)

How long was it before he departed to Southampton - My late father loved gabby when Kendall came he took a while to settle in his debut was a mare - I was there, wondering what have we signed here? & let Gabby go to Southampton - but what a player plus Manager HK turned out to be hey ;)
He left July 1967

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back