Old Everton Pictures

Members of the Everton's 1938-39 Championship squad are pictured at Liverpool Lime Street Station.
1600133868758.webp

Did Everton not regret letting Keith go without even a game? Went on to play 300 odd games for the Tangerines and was pivotal in some very big moments for the club. Including man of the match in the never to to be forgotten win at Wembley in 2010 that made the picture above possible. A bona fida BFC Legend ;)
Where is that,
Chelsea.....1959

Not ever getting another dog be warned or let friends know a benign spleen tumour if it burst poisens any dog from 6 years upwards & the fatal desease is on the increase any dog dies within a few hours no warnings, so upsetting our dog was 12 years old as fit as a fiddle the day before a bit off colour the next, but died in less than 3 hours
Still tears in our eyes such a great member of the family a lovely border collie...
It's the way it happened no warnings at all - The vet was great in explaining this condition has only been observed over the last ten years - gutted in the way it happened with no warnings any dog from the age of 6 upwards can die in this devastating way.,....
Anyway the lift of the blues performance plus the great posters on this thread have helped me, but the wife & son are like me still stunned...
Dogs by the way because of Covid are £1000- 3000 because of furlough they reckon ...
Joey it's an awful situation.
My girl (Labrador - 10 at the time) had a similar issue a couple of years ago. Thankfully the spleen was removed, but after the biopsy she was diagnosed with two types of cancer after the biopsy.
We were lucky and had an extra year with her and the medication she was on gave her a fantastic quality of life. July 2019 is when she lost her battle. What a life we had with her though...... What a dog!
We have two others also, another Lab (3) and a mongrel (11). We know we'll be going through a similar traumatic time in the next couple of years, but for me it's worth it for the (hopefully) many years of happiness you have with them before. In my case and in the way I look at it personally, my girl had been there for me every day and at the end is the time she really needed me and I'm sure I didn't let her down.
Just typing that makes me tear up, but most of all when I speak of her or my older Lab I lost a few years ago it makes me smile and laugh. It'll take a while, but it will happen.
Sorry for the essay and I hope you and your family are doing ok.

Keep strong Joey.

As posted elsewhere we usually have from 2 to 4 dogs at any time. When one of our faithful friends passes on I usually look for a replacement pup within weeks.

Since we got together in 1990 we have had a yorkie, a mutt, a Lab Retriever, an Irish setter Cross, another mutt, three GSDs all of whom have passed on. Currently we have 2 GSDs and a mutt. It is very hard when they move on but take solace in the fact that you provided a loving home.

Your decision obviously, but if it was my decision I would be on the lookout for a new pup.

God bless you Joey.
Yep selfishly,have always had at least two dogs together so when one passes you at least still have the other,it helps,also with Labradors and I don't know if this applies to other dogs,their own grieving process is extremely short!!a day or so later they have moved on and are enjoying all the extra attention!!

Yep selfishly,have always had at least two dogs together so when one passes you at least still have the other,it helps,also with Labradors and I don't know if this applies to other dogs,their own grieving process is extremely short!!a day or so later they have moved on and are enjoying all the extra attention!!

From our experience the dogs have all been different. Ranging from a couple of days to a few weeks. I guess it's like us we're all different.
When I lost my first one it was my other dog that snapped me out of it a few weeks later. She was grieving also and it was almost like she decided 'right so if it's just us two now we best get on with it'.

A dog's natural life is so short that when one dies the only solace is that you gave
it the best of all possible lives.

I agree with the other posters and suggest you get a new one at the local refuge and give that
one a good life too.

Good luck Joe. keep up the pics. I lose decades everytime I see them.

Royston Vernon scored 111 goals in his 200 matches for the Toffees, despite his habit of smoking in the tunnel both pre and post match as he was a prolific chain smoker - if he had not touched the deadly weed he may have been better than Law & Greaves - he was prolific in speed over 9 yards. He also scored prolifically for Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City in his times there.
He had a thunderous shot and only ever missed one pen when he scuffed the ball- All the rest he could point to the keeper where he was aiming the ball it still went in -
1600168838036.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back