Old Everton Pictures

1st January 1972. Former Toffee Alan Ball, and Arsenal teammate Eddie Kelly dislodge Everton winger Alan Whittle of the ball, at Highbury in a 1-1 draw HK the scorer for us -
1604191625826.webp

Andy King tugs Alan Kennedys shirt in this Derby in a 5-0 hammering from them - sob -

View attachment 106608
was over for that match. Just awful. We actually left the ground with I think about twenty minutes still to go. Most of the crowd did also.
Went to some pub and had a few beers before heading for the ferry back to Belfast. Sombre sort of feeling travelling back with my fellow supporters. Defeats and poor performances tend to do that. Just a very poor performance that day.......

was over for that match. Just awful. We actually left the ground with I think about twenty minutes still to go. Most of the crowd did also.
Went to some pub and had a few beers before heading for the ferry back to Belfast. Sombre sort of feeling travelling back with my fellow supporters. Defeats and poor performances tend to do that. Just a very poor performance that day.......
I seen some defeats from them too unfortunately - Jinx team -

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back