Old Everton Pictures

I think any Evertonian present that day will tell you it was a pretty scary experience with the overcrowding,unfortunately a portent of what was to transpire just a couple of months later at Hillsborough.
Worst experience I had experienced at Villa park semi-final in the Holt end - coach held up on the M6 - got there 15 minutes late some Blues fans had kicked in the exit wooden doors in at the top of the Holt end - My older brother had two tickets for another entrance in the Holt end panicked as we were so late - we piled in - crushing fans being sick in the crush -it was that packed we could not get a spec - missed a crap defeat anyway , but it was dangerous - the only time I felt unsafe at 16 years old of any game I attended.......

Last edited:
Sad news today of Bobby Charlton diagnosed with dementia, here he is running out at goodison park for United - I saw him a few times v us - played the game fair plus he was a quality player for them & England --
View attachment 106699
Great player Joey, that was a very good United team, Charlton, Law and the magical George Best. Well worth the admission money to watch those three.

Harry Catterick Testimonial as a former player plus a great ruthless Manager -
CATT T.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back