Old Everton Pictures

31st August 1965 Derek Temple watches as Fred Pickering opens the scoring against Sheffield Wednesday in a 5-1 win for the blues - The GV got a hat trick and Fred boomer Pickering got the other two goals -
1605227854635.webp

Bobby Collins, Everton 1961-62- My older brother remembers my late father buying this poster outside Goodison as he was the best player he had seen since Alan Ball as a midfielder the original box to box first midfielder-
1605228035271.webp

7th September 1963. Everton wing half Jimmy Gabriel (third right) arrives through a host of players to score against Burnley, at Goodison Park, in a 3-4 defeat for the Blues -
View attachment 107835
They came with a decent team and a plan, rough up the stuttering Champions and play with intensity and attitude, iirc, we were 3 goals down before we knew what was what.
We got a couple back eventually, then conceded another.

My late Grandfather wore one of those flat caps all his life ..... even on a boiling hot day lol

My late Dad always wore a cap, even on a short-sleeved kind of a day.

I am now lost if I don't have a cap, although not on warm days.

My work colleagues even rob me about my caps - I am my Dad now If I can be half the man ......

4th March 1964...Everton's Captain Roy Vernon congratulates Fred Boomer Pickering following his hat trick against Nottingham Forest, Goodison Park - on a mud heap of a pitch -
View attachment 107920
Fred’s debut that was. I was there, I remember thinking, ‘what a centre forward this lad is’. I wasn’t far wrong, but, Fred had terrible luck with injuries.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back