Old Everton Pictures

All the noise last month about Maradonna, yet this man above was truly amazing. This man was a true
sportsman, remember the last minute of normal time 1968 European Cup Final at Wembley, when Alex
Stepney saved from point blank, instead of falling to his knees, he patted Stepney on the back to say good save. Remember the North Korean quarter final here. Remember the same Cup? Group stages
Eusebio crying after seeing Pele carried off due to his Portuguese team-mate kicking Pele repeatedly.
He could shoot with both feet tremendously true and hard. What a penalty taker. His heading ability
was first class and he used his head, unlike his 'Smack-Head' competitor. Remember The Black Pearl.

latchford-chelsea.jpg

3 heros plus Mick.
Sorry.

That song was out before him no I remember it was used for anything play team etc but my memory is failing a bit lol
Yeah it was a 60s song so I didn't think Bob was right. I'm sure I heard it sung in the 60s but I was a very young lad trying to survive in the boys pen so I never gave it my full attention. May esoteric of the older lads know

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.