Old Everton Pictures

Dennis Stevens and Jimmy Hill started the high wages did Hill then became a pundit on MOTD -

1610461372460.webp

14th March 1977-Everton fans queue for League Cup tickets at Goodison Park -

View attachment 113800
I queued for mine in Bullens Road, I'm sure of it. There was a ticket office of sorts there. Those days you got credits/vouchers in programmes which you then stuck on a piece of card. I was elected by my mates to get their tickets so while they were still tucked up in their scratching pits, daftlad here was up before the lark to get over to GP.

I think @Methuselah was at that game ;)
1881 - The genealogy that I did told me that this was the year my paternal Grandad was born. He was a keen footballer and played for Valkyrie FC, Old Xaverians FC, Tramways FC and family folklore says he had a spell with Marine. He was a left full-back. He was a bookbinder but when the trams started he went to be a tram driver. He was an Inspector on the trams when he retired. He was a very keen Everton supporter.

Everton's wing half collects his rewards as a great golfer 1963 - if you notice on the 1963 championship pictures Brian refused to be in them because he had a transfer request in over the Tony Kay signing he did receive his winners medal as he had contributed in many games - a great player who cost us nothing! -

View attachment 113645
Judging by the curvature of the roof that could be Royal Birkdale.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back