Old Everton Pictures

1616455532663.webp

c85dfa04a00549399b87a4c59645accc.webp

Ernie Hunt. Found his level at Coventry. Never really had much chance with us at that period (really not good enough), but got his own back with that damn free kick at Highfield Road. Passed on now. R I P

A couple of years ago I believe at the 40th anniversary of the Vancouver Whitecaps one and only
Soccer Bowl title. Roger got his publicans hat on here as he helps Carl Valentine into the
swing of things. The bloke on the right is Willie Johnston I think. Ex Rangers and WBA. He is
already where the other fellah is heading. Vancouver Nightcaps ahoy.
The passing of the years meant that Bally sadly wasn't there. He was man of the match in
that final. Like at the World Cup final. What a player.

rog and the whitecaps.webp

A couple of years ago I believe at the 40th anniversary of the Vancouver Whitecaps one and only
Soccer Bowl title. Roger got his publicans hat on here as he helps Carl Valentine into the
swing of things. The bloke on the right is Willie Johnston I think. Ex Rangers and WBA. He is
already where the other fellah is heading. Vancouver Nightcaps ahoy.
The passing of the years meant that Bally sadly wasn't there. He was man of the match in
that final. Like at the World Cup final. What a player.

View attachment 121976
Great photo. Pretty sure that was Roger's first, and probably only, winners medal in his career.

Willie Johnston was sent off against us in the FA Cup 1974 for a scrap with Archie Styles. Willie was sent off over 20 times in his career!

RIP Frank Worthington was not only a brilliant footballer but he went on to manage. In December 1985 he presented a shield to former Rovers striker Bob ‘Bunny’ Bell, to mark 50 years since his 9 goals in a match v Oldham. Bob subsequently joined Everton -

1616536167355.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back