Old Everton Pictures

…it’ll be Jimmy Case, Joey. He played for South Liverpool on a Saturday & Blue Union on Sunday’s. Sammy Lee was another old team mate of mine but he was a bit younger.
Still could not catch him to kick him up in the air ...LOL....they were a star studded team top of the league when we played them at home .....the whole set up at South Liverpool went bust half way through the season ground closed etc ......

1625827412583.webp

From the EFC programme in March 1972. I'm sure that Mike was 'gutted' when he discovered that the wedding breakfast in the Royal Blue Restaurant at Goodison Park would 'clash' with a home match. All's well that ends well...
I wonder how this would cost now at a big club?

1625827796950.webp

…I did play at Holly Park in the early 70s before it went to the wall.
I was looking forwards to playing there even though I knew we would get hammered lol
We played at Prescott cables ground on a awful surface in a blizzard, only got beat 6-0 then .....lol
The league had 3 top undr 18 teams South Liverpool, Prescot Cables. & Southdene from Kirkby ... who played anyone up to the age of 30 years old ....

I got sent off at their place - the referee gave us no protection - so I noticed he rode in on a moped.... as I got changed I let his back tyre down flat - on the bus home the team were outraged by him - I bragged how I had let his back tyre down they were all made up - the bus stopped at the bus stop, and he flew past on his moped - I must have let the wrong bike tyre downlol

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back