Old Everton Pictures

1627821402673.webp

What a game to be at. Possibly the best team effort that I've witnessed at the Old Lady. Alex Young was unplayable that day.

….if that’s the game where he takes the ball on his chest before gliding into the box and lashing it past Stepney, then that might be the classiest goal I ever saw at Goodison. That goal was a thing of beauty.

….if that’s the game where he takes the ball on his chest before gliding into the box and lashing it past Stepney, then that might be the classiest goal I ever saw at Goodison. That goal was a thing of beauty.
That's the one! I was under the Goodison Road stand in line with the penalty spot when he got the ball.
I'm not kidding when I say you could hear thousands of Blues taking a sharp intake of breath in anticipation of something magical about to happen. I'm getting misty eyed as it all coming back to me.
I've got all that game saved on my files. There was another moment involving most of the left sided players resulting in a cross where the GV glanced a header onto the top of the crossbar. Brilliance personified.

My old man is gutted there is not more footage of the Vision,it's all locked away in his memories, even stuff that didn't lead to goals, the shimmies, the dummies all created on the mudheaps of Goodison and around the country that created the legacy that will live on for all those blues fortunate to have followed our club during that fabulous era for life, football and our team.

That's the one! I was under the Goodison Road stand in line with the penalty spot when he got the ball.
I'm not kidding when I say you could hear thousands of Blues taking a sharp intake of breath in anticipation of something magical about to happen. I'm getting misty eyed as it all coming back to me.
I've got all that game saved on my files. There was another moment involving most of the left sided players resulting in a cross where the GV glanced a header onto the top of the crossbar. Brilliance personified.

…I sent a clip of that goal to my son about 12 months ago. Ray Wilson as I remember him, stopping the ball taking a step back and then hitting the ball as if it were a free kick, Ball passes to Young who cushions it on his chest, glides past the Nobby Stiles scythe and smashes it into the net.

Such quality transitions any era;

My old man is gutted there is not more footage of the Vision,it's all locked away in his memories, even stuff that didn't lead to goals, the shimmies, the dummies all created on the mudheaps of Goodison and around the country that created the legacy that will live on for all those blues fortunate to have followed our club during that fabulous era for life, football and our team.
The Catt banned TV Cameras for a period......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back