Old Everton Pictures

100-celebs.jpg

englands-four-everton-footballers-pose-together-at-the-reforma-club-EM841F.jpg

England's four Everton footballers pose together at the Reforma Club in Mexico City ahead of the match against Paraguay at the 1986 World Cup tournament. They are top to bottom: Gary Stevens, Gary Lineker, Trevor Steven and Peter Reid. June 1986.

And they had a MASSIVE influence on the game. Wow. Drooling here at the thought that we might actually see talent on this level at the club again one day.

$_57.JPG

The boss Peter Reid
Watching this player play the game was an absolute privilege. I was too young to remember Kendall, Ball and Harvey - after watching footage of Ball play he seems very similar to Reidy. Those lucky enough to witness both - who was better?

The Reid/Bracewell partnership has never been bettered at Everton, not even close.

Watching this player play the game was an absolute privilege. I was too young to remember Kendall, Ball and Harvey - after watching footage of Ball play he seems very similar to Reidy. Those lucky enough to witness both - who was better?

The Reid/Bracewell partnership has never been bettered at Everton, not even close.
I seen them both - Colin Harvey's words were the 1980's team brilliant midfield = 4 players the 1969/70 was three players - Alan ball was totally world class as were Kendal and Harvey, total telepathic football = 3 players
different eras but as a footballing side it has to be the Holy Trinity yet they won less - I seen them as a youngster so may be baiesd but for me it was the best brand of football you could ever see breathtaking at times not workman like just blistering football!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back