Old Everton Pictures

There's been lots of posts in various threads about this game over the years. Funnily enough all posters mention that they got in to Villa Park well after KO (me too). Which begs the question, were there any Everton fans in the ground at 3 o clock that day!
It was approximately 3-15pm the coach driver just told us to get the reg of the coach number plate, and told us where he would be parked after the game -
My older brother had the tickets there were blues everywhere outside (yet do not forget the fans in those days who went on spec for a tout ticket etc-
As my brother was looking for our turn style etc some blues just shouted doors open here, it was the exit doors been kicked in wide open so naturally with no one with or without tickets just panicked and piled in as we had already missed the start!
A big mistake the back of the Holt end was far too packed, crushing, fans being sick with the crush etc it was so packed we could not get into any viewing position till after the first half - there was IMO an excess of fans at the back of the holt end frightning TBH !
We left ten minutes from an awful game to locate the coach we heard a big roar - my brother asked who had scored, and that out the top hat on a miserable day!

There's been lots of posts in various threads about this game over the years. Funnily enough all posters mention that they got in to Villa Park well after KO (me too). Which begs the question, were there any Everton fans in the ground at 3 o clock that day!

Me for one. Got caught out like that the season before, the trick was not to follow the signposted route off the motorway/dual carriage way or whatever it was back then and, iirc go on one junction follow the WBA signs and cut back

Ccj95G1W8AAAeaR.jpg

CckFPHRWIAEg0Tp.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back