Old Everton Pictures

ChHlSXLWMAABo9B.jpg

Added a couple of things to the 'media' section on the index page - one is a video I think we've all seen, the 1902 derby footage, but the other, which I'll post below, is the 1933 cup final - I was previously unaware of this footage, and it's a joy to see the first instance of world football's first #9, Dean, in action. Don't know if @The Esk or @Allezfan have ever seen this, but I hadn't.

Langford the City keeper's ability in handling crosses somehow reminds me of our own dear Tim Howard.

Still. Langford had to contend with Dean whereas Dear Tim in the now infamous 2014 Palace 2-3 home game had to contend with the midget Campbell.

Added a couple of things to the 'media' section on the index page - one is a video I think we've all seen, the 1902 derby footage, but the other, which I'll post below, is the 1933 cup final - I was previously unaware of this footage, and it's a joy to see the first instance of world football's first #9, Dean, in action. Don't know if @The Esk or @Allezfan have ever seen this, but I hadn't.

Great that ; no hysterical goal celebrations and Dixie remembering to wipe his hands before shaking hands with the Duchess of York. :)

Langford the City keeper's ability in handling crosses somehow reminds me of our own dear Tim Howard.

Still. Langford had to contend with Dean whereas Dear Tim in the now infamous 2014 Palace 2-3 home game had to contend with the midget Campbell.
Dixies headed goal was similar to Andy Grays in the Watford final but much classier reading an old autobiography on Dixie now a third of the way through read the latest on by John Keith was greater, but this author died half way through his story - a great read at the moment hard to finish it as I am having a very bad time at the moment health wise.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back