Old Everton Pictures

1648639034468.webp

Went to watch Chester play recently,first time I've ever been to their stadium and one of the stands there is named after Gary Talbot. I was wondering why his name seemed familiar,anyway it turns out that he was a legendary footballer for them back in the 60's and then on retiring,had a spell as the Everton club photographer. I would imagine there must be quite a few photographs in this fantastic thread that he must have taken.
The Tranmere v Chester Derby was always well contested in the early sixties. He was a brilliant target man and normally ripped Rovers a new one.
He retired from playing to concentrate on photography and in particular football matches. I recognised him from my spec in the paddock at Goodison. All the cameramen hovered on the halfway line prior to kick off waiting to see which way we would play. Once the toss had taken place you'd see them all run the touchline to behind the goal. Wasn't the most elegant of runs either. Cameras swinging from their necks with lenses under their arms in an attempt to get the best spec.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back