Old Everton Pictures

It is getting more difficult for me to get new photos of goals so I am now trawling the 1950s but I did come across one in the 1960s which brought back great memories. Jimmy Gabriel returned to Goodison with Southampton (Oh for a fighter like him in our midfield now) and scored AGAINST US and received a standing ovation from all the Evertonians. Lets hope we dont have to cheer Richarlison next season

View attachment 170408e we dont have to do the same for Richarlison next season.
What a player Gabby was for us - made way for a certain Howard Kendall.....

Not all the photos I collected yesterday were goals. Here's two missed penalties. Bear in mind these are photos of microfiche records that are nearly as old as me so the quality is not brilliant.

1) 14.09 59 Tommy Jones misses a penalty during a 3-1 victory over Sunderland
2) 04.04.58 Jimmy Harris fails to score from a penalty as the Blues lose 0-1 at home to Leeds
P1010022 04.04.58 Jimmy Harris fails to score from a penalty as the Blues lose 0-1 at home to ...JPG

P1010015 14.09 59 Tommy Jones misses a penalty during a 3-1 victory over Sunderland.JPG

Does any of you keen historians know if there are any assists or free kick stats for Everton in the 60s, 70s and 80s? I know these won't be officially done like nowadays but maybe some super blue has put something together with some great research?

Does any of you keen historians know if there are any assists or free kick stats for Everton in the 60s, 70s and 80s? I know these won't be officially done like nowadays but maybe some super blue has put something together with some great research?
Wow, free kicks - I doubt it very much I have what i call my bible of every game up to 2000 seasons recording team selections etc you will find that on Amazon or e bay - it gives the summary of every season & who played in each game & who scored etc ;)

1655551152011.png

Wow, free kicks - I doubt it very much I have what i call my bible of every game up to 2000 seasons recording team selections etc you will find that on Amazon or e bay - it gives the summary of every season & who played in each game & who scored etc ;)
Aye, I don't imagine many free kicks were scored pre-70s, as it didn't seem a "thing" in the English league before then (started being a lot more common in 80s I'd say). it must have been a cultural thing.

Aye, I don't imagine many free kicks were scored pre-70s, as it didn't seem a "thing" in the English league before then (started being a lot more common in 80s I'd say). it must have been a cultural thing.
They were as we had an indirect free kick back then sometimes given instead of a penalty for obstruction many a goal scored from 6 yards out with 11 men on the line one player had to touch the ball while the other player thumped the ball in the net .... lol

They were as we had an indirect free kick back then sometimes given instead of a penalty for obstruction many a goal scored from 6 yards out with 11 men on the line one player had to touch the ball while the other player thumped the ball in the net .... lol
I remember Sheedy scoring one of those in 87 (Vs Chelsea).