Old Everton Pictures

Everton's Alan Ball was the scourge of Liverpool FC -

1659349375977.webp

Anyone at this game back in April 79, West Brom v Everton, think it was 1 0 to the Baggies, I remember The 3 Degrees coming out on to the pitch before the match to have their picture took with Regis, Cunningham and Batson.

….not sure I can see Wright in that pic, Joey, but my eyesight is still very dodgy at the moment. Keith Newton is there.
Ball, West, Labone and Newton. Wright will have been there, but as a sub. This is the 1969 mexico warm up games, for the 70 world cup preparation.

CATTERICK –‘THE BEST MANAGER IN BRITAIN’ {Shame they gave it to Don Revié in 1970 for coming 2nd } even Bill Shankly put a complaint in ...}
"Without doubt the best manager in Britain" . . . That is how Everton chairman Jack Sharp describes Harry Catterick, in his annual report to the shareholders, to-day. In referring to the club's championship success. Mr. Sharp states: “The master-planner was Mr. Catterick. He produced reserves to keep us narrowly in the lead, when we lost three of our key players in Howard Kendall, Colin Harvey and Alan Ball. "Towards the end of the season, with all our key players back, we won the championship handsomely, not as some sports writers implied by our chief challengers opting out, but by sheer ability and determination. It was a great compliment to Mr. Catterick's ability in finding placers and training them in the Everton style."

View attachment 175166
Cathy Dunn, the toffee girl.

Anyone at this game back in April 79, West Brom v Everton, think it was 1 0 to the Baggies, I remember The 3 Degrees coming out on to the pitch before the match to have their picture took with Regis, Cunningham and Batson.
No. but I remember F.A.Cup tie at Goodison Park played on a Sunday. I was around 10 years Old and in the Paddock. 53,000 at the game that day. I was so disappointed. We drew 0-0 Lost the reply I think but didn't go.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back