Old Everton Pictures

Former Liverpool manager Bill Shankly chatting with former Everton manager Harry Catterick at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. 16th October 1975 -

1666958910549.webp

I felt a bit sorry for Andy in 84 (second time around) he loved Everton and would love to have gone to his grave with a cup winners medal.
I am assuming he didn't get one.
Alan Harper was the unused sub for the FA Cup final so Kingy wouldn't have got a medal. He was generally a squad player by then and only played in one of the games in the earlier rounds. He was much more involved earlier in the season in the League Cup run and if you watch the ITV "Home and Away" documentary (on YouTube) about the League Cup final there is an interview where you can see he is really gutted to have not even made the bench for that match. He did play in the replay at Maine Road and also scored the winner at Wembley in the Veterans match in 1995.

…I’m sure I remember Bill Glazier playing for Palace when I visited Selhurst in the early 60s @Alan Whittle.
Bill Glazier was at Palace from 61-64. His parents bread delivery man was friends with the Palace captain of the day who arranged a trial. He replaced Vic Rouse who won an international cap for Wales when Palace were in Div.4.
He was sold to Coventry, managed by Jimmy Hill, for a then world record fee for a keeper of £35,000. In turn, he was replaced at Palace by my all time favourite Palace player, John Jackson. Popular legend still has it with us olduns that it was Jacko that kept us in the top flight single handedly from 69-73, our first ever visit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back